itsnotmyname
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can someone from Student Finance confirm that you will still get the minimum maintenance loan if your household income is over 70K ?

The "support a students application" form says over 70k ... "is unlikely to get additional student finance" .

Just wanted to check that additional means on top of the minimum maintenence and not on top of the tuition fees .

thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by itsnotmyname)
Can someone from Student Finance confirm that you will still get the minimum maintenance loan if your household income is over 70K ?

The "support a students application" form says over 70k ... "is unlikely to get additional student finance" .

Just wanted to check that additional means on top of the minimum maintenence and not on top of the tuition fees .

thanks
You'll still get the minimum. Everyone is eligible for the minimum even if they provide no financial data at all.

If your household income is close to £70k and your parents have a number of children or high pension contributions then it's worth encouraging them to provide income information for your first year to check. Pension contributions (including AVCs) are deducted from income before they decide what you're entitled to and so does a small amount for siblings - so a household income of £70k with 10% pension contributions and 3 other children will be adjusted down to around £60k.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise