Occupational health screening and PVG check. Watch

Pakachi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello guys,
I'm an international student, and recently got an offer from GCU for Physio. And there's a point about "Occupational health screening and satisfactory PVG check" and my question is - what are these exactly, and do I have to get them before I start my first year? And also - is it obligatory to get these in Scotland, or can I do them in my country and then translate or sth?
Thanks everybody in advance
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pakachi)
Hello guys,
I'm an international student, and recently got an offer from GCU for Physio. And there's a point about "Occupational health screening and satisfactory PVG check" and my question is - what are these exactly, and do I have to get them before I start my first year? And also - is it obligatory to get these in Scotland, or can I do them in my country and then translate or sth?
Thanks everybody in advance
I can't help you out on the screening, but a PVG (Protection for vulnerable groups) check is a background check which is intended to find any previous incidents which would make you unsuitable to work with vulnerable groups, such as children or people with mental impairments. I am almost certain that checks from your own country will not be admissible. You may need to pass a PVG check to enroll on the course.

If I were you I'd contact the course convener with any questions.
Pakachi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by pjm600)
I can't help you out on the screening, but a PVG (Protection for vulnerable groups) check is a background check which is intended to find any previous incidents which would make you unsuitable to work with vulnerable groups, such as children or people with mental impairments. I am almost certain that checks from your own country will not be admissible. You may need to pass a PVG check to enroll on the course.

If I were you I'd contact the course convener with any questions.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (205)
23.51%
Pop (215)
24.66%
Jazz (33)
3.78%
Classical (49)
5.62%
Hip-Hop (167)
19.15%