Turn on thread page Beta

Best friend has changed completely after his breakup. watch

(Original post by chikane)
    Was it a mutual break up or did she wanted the break up? if its the latter then he is probably still finding it hard getting over her and acts angry instead.
    Have you asked him if she wanted to get back with him what would he say?
    He ended it and she was really upset but she accepted it and started to get on with her life.

I did yeah and he said he couldn't see them getting back together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He ended it and she was really upset but she accepted it and started to get on with her life.

I did yeah and he said he couldn't see them getting back together.
    Well calling his ex names is really immature considering he dumped her.
    If he wants to sleep around and catch std and other diseases that's up to him there's nothing you can do or say that will help .

Also if he says his ex is this and that say he was the one that dumped her and she didn't do anything bad to him to warrant being called nasty names.

(Original post by chikane)
    Well calling his ex names is really immature considering he dumped her.
    If he wants to sleep around and catch std and other diseases that's up to him there's nothing you can do or say that will help .

Also if he says his ex is this and that say he was the one that dumped her and she didn't do anything bad to him to warrant being called nasty names.
    I did say that. He just ranted about how great his life was without her.

ReputationRep:
    I did say that. He just ranted about how great his life was without her.
    Just leave him be and give him space to do whatever he wants he is clearly unstable.

ReputationRep:
    So my best friend and his gf broke up back in August just before he was about to leave for uni. It shocked me because he had been smitten with her and she had loved him a lot too but I didn't say much about it. My best friend was really upset the night they broke up and then literally two weeks later he was going clubbing and pulling girls. I thought he was just trying to spend some time with his other friends (who are literally the typical lads) The real change happened was when we both went off to university together. During Freshers week, he started having one night stands and got really drunk. A few weeks later he started openly *****ing about his ex, which annoyed me a little because I sometimes talk to her and she's always lovely to me and has never actually done anything like he's doing. Anyway, he started calling her ugly and pathetic and that he preferred one night stands over a relationship anyday. We got into a massive fight when I told him to leave her alone and that *****ing about her made him look bitter.
    He's normally a very chilled and calm guy but ever since he broke up with her he's become angry,aggressive, he's been partying too much, he's constantly boasting about how much he sleeps around and he is literally against the idea of relationships because it's too nauseating apparently.

We're not talking atm because he's still annoyed at me but by the impression I'm getting, I think he still has feelings for her and he's trying to fill the void by trying to be all tough.

I'm a girl so I'm clueless with this so can anyone help? Sorry for the long post.
    I thought you fancied the girl yourself until I read that you too are a girl. Unless you're into that kind of thing..

People change after new experiences, but I think it sounds like he's in the initial kind of hedonism stage, everything is about instant pleasure and feeling good. Just let him do his thing and he'll probably settle down after a while.

(Original post by Tom78)
    I thought you fancied the girl yourself until I read that you too are a girl. Unless you're into that kind of thing..

People change after new experiences, but I think it sounds like he's in the initial kind of hedonism stage, everything is about instant pleasure and feeling good. Just let him do his thing and he'll probably settle down after a while.
    Oh no haha.

Settle down as in calm down you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no haha.

Settle down as in calm down you mean?
    Yeah maybe

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.