The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Potential University of Bradford Applicant

Hi,
I'm looking to apply to the Forensic and Medical sciences course at the University of Bradford, but Bradford wasn't originally on my list of potential universities.
I was wondering what experiences people had had at Bradford and what they thought of it.
Also, do any other universities do a similar course?
Thanks!
Nothing to say about the course, your major consideration, I refer you to the various published rankings.
Bradford: Northern post industrial town with some real pockets of deprivation, suffers from having "big brother" Leeds so close.
Which being said, there's some effort and money going into the middle of town with a new, long awaited, shopping centre just opened; North Parade, an up and coming area with café bars; City Park regeneration, etc. No better or worse than a lot of places, it will have everything you need and it's cheap [which includes off campus housing] with guaranteed good curry. If you're outdoor pursuit orientated [see clubs below] the great outdoors is right on the doorstep. Good transport connections via Leeds.
University: Couple of minutes walk from the middle of town. Campus, neat and compact with award winning new student village and new student centre, serious money has been spent. Academically, currently decidedly mid table, but with tariff to match, however some outstanding individual flagship courses. Looking to move up the rankings having head hunted Professor Brian Cantor from York as VC. Social life revolves heavily round clubs and societies, of which there are many. Small enough that that you'll get to know people and not get "lost in the crowd" if you make half an effort.
You could do a whole lot worse than joining Team Bradford.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending