Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the sentences are just or do they need to be upgraded?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly can we please STOP blaming Islam and Muslims for ANY of the terrorist attacks, these people are scum they DO NOT represent Islam.
    They are called 'Islamic state' and follow the teachings of the Quran? How the hell does this have nothing to do with Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    The attacker caught a few days ago, lived 400 yards from his parents and we are expected to believe they are innocent?
    Sounds conclusive proof to me.

Execute them.

Also I reckon OP should be investigated for posting about terrorism.

Execute him as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theoneman)
    They are called 'Islamic state' and follow the teachings of the Quran? How the hell does this have nothing to do with Islam?
    Have you read the Quran? Do you know the teachings of Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

ReputationRep:
    *copies and pastes extracts from google" do you even know the context this is written?
    Yawn, you people have the exact same response.

No context justifies boiling people alive.

ReputationRep:
    TSRFT8 "deport the families of ISIS, that'll make them think twice.

Trump "bomb the families of ISIS, that'll make them think twice"

Hmmm... :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    TSRFT8 "deport the families of ISIS, that'll make them think twice.

Trump "bomb the families of ISIS, that'll make them think twice"

Hmmm... :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont mean it that every family, however i think it is evident that the paris attackers family knew where he was hiding and should have reported him. However maybe its the love of the parents and always believing that their kids can never do wrong which stops them.

ReputationRep:
    How is threat of death row going to scare suicide bombers? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy409)
    How is threat of death row going to scare suicide bombers? :rolleyes:
    Tbh i think there is nothing in the world which will stop someone so willing to take their own life, however having the death penalty for such acts ensures that those who pussy out last minute are not being kept in prison paid for by the tax payer.

ReputationRep:

Possible Sanctions

- Any individual convicted of terrorism should be put on Death Row
    - Any individual who flees the UK to Syria should not be allowed back and their families should also be deported (innocent or guilty) - Will make people think twice about the effect it will have on their loved ones

It is the same story every time, look back at as many cases as you want they are caught and then they get lawyers (why on earth has that Paris Attacker been allowed to fight extradition is unbelievable)

I get the whole concept of "innocent till proven guilty" but when you are videoed and caught red handed it is ridiculous to even waste money going to courts.

Im not suggesting tougher laws will completely eradicate terrorism however surely it will reduce it to some extent.

What are your views?
    Yeah because people contemplating suicide bombings are going to be put of by the death penalty, there's no evidence the death penalty even works as a deterent for crimes where it is a possibility.

Right punishing people for association, that's not dictatorial or immoral at all.

You clearly don't get the point of an impartial legal system, the whole point is you can look at people you're prosecuting or the people who support them and say "regardless of what you do, we're better than you and we're not sinking to your level", we will treat people fairly even if no one thinks they deserves it, even if it is a completely open and shut case, they are given the same legal rights as everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mean it that every family, however i think it is evident that the paris attackers family knew where he was hiding and should have reported him. However maybe its the love of the parents and always believing that their kids can never do wrong which stops them.
    Well I only really have issues with the "innocent or guilty" part, which is very similar to Trump's "logic", he said their by definition the families must accomplices.

However, whilst some do and they should be punished, a lot of families don't realise their sons/daughters have been "radicalised" until its too late unfortunately (I do find it weird how they go to the police and blame them though).

If only some immigrant families care just as much about what "Sunday mosque" their kids are going to as what school they go to, but its a bit more complicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Well I only really have issues with the "innocent or guilty" part, which is very similar to Trump's "logic", he said their by definition the families must accomplices.

However, whilst some do and they should be punished, a lot of families don't realise their sons/daughters have been "radicalised" until its too late unfortunately (I do find it weird how they go to the police and blame them though).

If only some immigrant families care just as much about what "Sunday mosque" their kids are going to as what school they go to, but its a bit more complicated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you are right i did not really think this post through, I personally find it hard to believe that parents cant spot it, especially if its under their roof. However they do have a duty to care for their children and monitor their behavior. However like you said it probably is more complex then i am thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"
    Let me educate you.
    Qur'anic Arabic (and Torah Hebrew) cannot be translated into any other language. God specifically designed these languages to be soooooo complex that translation is literally imposiible.
    The point being the extremely complex languages allows tonnes of information to be held withing a reltively short holy book/ scroll.

if anyone tries to translate the two, the outcome is horribly invalid, inaccurate and entirely incorrect!
    (as you have presented with your post)

Get it?

ReputationRep:
    Always love a bit of sensationalism.

Don't pretend you have any knowledge of the legal powers currently given to the police in relation to terrorists. The powers are extensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 713Wave)
    Let me educate you.
    Qur'anic Arabic (and Torah Hebrew) cannot be translated into any other language. God specifically designed these languages to be soooooo complex that translation is literally imposiible.
    The point being the extremely complex languages allows tonnes of information to be held withing a reltively short holy book/ scroll.

if anyone tries to translate the two, the outcome is horribly invalid, inaccurate and entirely incorrect!
    (as you have presented with your post)

Get it?
    The Quran was written in Arabic.

Are you saying Arabic can't be translated?

God specifically designed these languages to be soooooo complex
    Why did he want it to be sooooo complex?

ReputationRep:
    Please enlighten us

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i think there is nothing in the world which will stop someone so willing to take their own life, however having the death penalty for such acts ensures that those who pussy out last minute are not being kept in prison paid for by the tax payer.
    No, indeed! Instead the tax payer will be paying still more for the legal fees associated with the multiple appeals necessary to make the death penalty appear to have a shred of human decency. Putting someone to death costs more than incarcerating them for life, strange though it may seem.

ReputationRep:
    Such as?..

ReputationRep:
    The Quran was written in Arabic.

Are you saying Arabic can't be translated?

Why did he want it to be sooooo complex?
    Are you visually impaired or what?

if you had read my entire comment carefully you would soon realise what the answers are to the 2 questions you just asked, however I will go in a little more depth.

The Quran was written in Arabic.Are you saying Arabic can't be translated?no, im saying Qur'anic Arabic(and Torah Hebrew as I previously mentioned) cannot be translated.

Arabic and Hebrew are partially derived from Aramaic.

Qur'anic Arabic and Torah Hebrew are directly from God.

The 2 languages are completely different.

Why did God want it to be Soooo complex?
    Simple, to hold tonnes of information in a short holy book/ scroll,
    each verse written in these complex languages enables it to carry the following information:

-general message
    -historical context linked to the verse
    -application of the verse
    -extra details and explanation for above points

these are just a select few of many, many, many points/ information found in each verse of the Qur'aan and Torah.

think as the holy text as organs in the body, if you damage or remove/ artificially replace one of the organs, there will negative impacts on the rest of the body.

therefore if you 'translate' or tear out sections of the holy text then the outcome is 100000000000000000000% WRONG in every possible faction.

don't forget each letter of holy text in the religious texts is linked to every letter within the text, you simply cannot take bits out to push forward your agenda.

understand now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.