The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU School of Art 2016 applicants?

Hey,

I couldn't really find any general discussions for those who are specifically applying for art courses at MMU so I thought I would start one so people could maybe find other people that might be on their course. I'll be studying Illustration with Animation in Sept, I just confirmed it as my firm choice! Hoping to move into Victoria halls.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jessielea
Hey,

I couldn't really find any general discussions for those who are specifically applying for art courses at MMU so I thought I would start one so people could maybe find other people that might be on their course. I'll be studying Illustration with Animation in Sept, I just confirmed it as my firm choice! Hoping to move into Victoria halls.

So glad you started this, I cant find anything on here either!

I'll be doing fine art and hoping to move into Victoria too :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by hr.w
So glad you started this, I cant find anything on here either!

I'll be doing fine art and hoping to move into Victoria too :smile:

Ah that's awesome! Fine Art is in the building next to the Benzie Building, right?
Reply 3
Ah that's awesome! Fine Art is in the building next to the Benzie Building, right?

Yeah it's in the original school of art building, still not really sure what its called though haha - should probably know that though!
Where abouts are you moving from/studying now?
It's called the Grosvenor building :smile:
Reply 5
I've just firmed my offer for Fine Art & Art History :biggrin:

Hoping to move into Cavendish when I finally sort out my accommodation
Reply 6
I'm doing three dimensional design, wanting to stay in birley
Reply 7
I just confirmed Illustration with Animation too and I'm stressing out about accommodation now, like everywhere that seems decent is so expensive omg :s-smilie:
Starting Interactive art in MMU in September :smile: Dunno what the hell I'm doing about accommodation though, I keep procrastinating applying for it, I just want to live somewhere where noone will get pissed off about loud music haha :3
Reply 9
Hey,

Hey, I'm going to be doing the interactive arts course! Only found 2 people on the Facebook group doing it so far. Stuck for what halls to go into though.
Reply 10
Original post by MrForestLady
Starting Interactive art in MMU in September :smile: Dunno what the hell I'm doing about accommodation though, I keep procrastinating applying for it, I just want to live somewhere where noone will get pissed off about loud music haha :3

I have no clue on accommodation either but been looking into a studio, less noise I'm guessing and no doors banging down the hall
hey I'm doing textiles in practice next year, feel like the only one
Reply 12

I'm doing the same course! And to be honest I have no clue about accommodation either
Reply 13
Original post by Bettsey
I'm doing the same course! And to be honest I have no clue about accommodation either

I've heard that Cambridge are pretty party lifestyle, if you look on the best accommodation thread there's a lot about it there. Although when I've looked online and read people's reviews of them it's not the halls I think I'll be staying in - they seem a bit grotty and dingy. Think I'll be heading for Oxford court, nowt wrong with an en-suite with a bath! I believe in Cambridge it's 1 bathroom between two+.

I'll be studying Fine Art and Firmed Manchester. Can't wait to move and meet everyone!
Reply 14
I'm studying Foundation Art and Design, love to chat to anyone going to the school of art :biggrin:

I'm staying at home too during my course so I'm hoping i'll still be able to meet just as many new people, any tips?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest