I Congo on much longer with these

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I Congo on much longer with these
    As long as you don't make a Niger joke we will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    x
    Damnnn, I was debating whether Togo that far but I'm on my last chance with the mods atm :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I find that very attractive in women,it's not the case how much she earns more the case she can look after herself respectfully. It's nothing girls that wind me up, leach off people and use their looks so girls who work proper jobs to earn their money I have respect for. A hairdresser would catch my attention more than a glamour model.

ReputationRep:
    Nope and back to the kitchen you go to make me a sandwich

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, lets put it one way; who do you admire more? The female McDonalds cashier or a female GP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Well, lets put it one way; who do you admire more? The female McDonalds cashier or a female GP?
    The cashier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only really respect people with one particular skill,all others seeming so lame by comparison.

Being a good writer.

So yes I respect good women writers over any other kind of woman.

But not over a good male writer.

(I think it's because I expect an intelligent woman to be thoughtful and perceptive and have a basic understanding of the human condition whereas I tend to expect an intelligent man to be an arse.)

(Original post by moggis)
    I only really respect people with one particular skill,all others seeming so lame by comparison.

Being a good writer.

So yes I respect good women writers over any other kind of woman.

But not over a good male writer.

(I think it's because I expect an intelligent woman to be thoughtful and perceptive and have a basic understanding of the human condition whereas I tend to expect an intelligent man to be an arse.)
    Yea but it's men who tend to win the Nobel prizes, have more logic and creativity women just don't tend to bother, mess around, have a laugh and then blame it on their hormones. Since a successful woman is less likely (though they are not less capable) I would have though that she gets more respect if she makes it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But the same applies to men too.

ReputationRep:
    No. But I do admire women who are feminine, well-mannered, soft-spoken, slim and good at basic life skills such as cooking and taking care of themselves.

(Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    No. But I do admire women who are feminine, well-mannered, soft-spoken, slim and good at basic life skills such as cooking and taking care of themselves.
    I like men who are well mannered, soft spoken, slim and can cook but where are they all. All I see around me is men sat at pubs with beer bellies swearing in every sentance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I like men who are well mannered, soft spoken, slim and can cook but where are they all. All I see around me is men sat at pubs with beer bellies swearing in every sentance.
    Its an uphill struggle because a majority of men (and women) are overweight in todays age. A start would be to avoid men who hang around at pubs. Its a well known fact that alcohol makes you fat.

From my experience, most of the well mannered, fit men are hard at work trying to make a living or building a business. They tend to keep to themselves and don't complain about trivial things which most people do. The ideal man or woman is quite rare.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.