Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ever since, I was younger, it has been my dream to study English at Cambridge. It is approaching my GCSES, of which I was forced to do triple science. I have despised science for the last 2 years and have never had a teacher for more than 3 months. This is due to being moved around and half my teachers leaving. I am now struggling so much at science, it is jeopardising my other grades. My teachers wont help and I have been trying to revise so much but nothing is going in (especially as I have 3 units of each science to learn.) I find physics the hardest. I have tried making flash cards but doing this for 9 units is so time consuming especially since it is not going in. I have no clue what to do and to revise (my exam board is AQA) it is becoming unbearable and ruining my other grades. As well as this, we have only just started unit 3 of each science so trying to revise and learn is horrible! I need some help with revision . Also I am worried that as these grades wont be high I will have no chance of going to Cambridge. My predicted grades are;
    English lit A*
    English lang A*
    History A
    ICT A
    Psychology A*
    Biology B/A
    physics C
    Chemistry C
    Maths C
    Sorry for the length, and thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi- it must be really annoying to have to have to do triple - are you certain you can't do double science - the course is not different it is just easier as there is less content (and less exams!)
    If you can't switch course then an idea is to get revision guides (cgp are my favourite) or look up any topic you really struggle with online and possibly watch a video on it?
    I know RE Cambridge as an aspiring Oxbridge candidate in Year 12 that they do not have a specific requirement or even recommended requirement regarding GCSEs (the very same question was asked to the speakers from Oxford/Cambridge on the Oxbridge evening). Despite this, it would be a good idea to try and boost some of your marks. Cambridge I know base their offers more on AS results so if you show your passion for your subject and get good AS marks in the subjects you have the same chance as any other Cambridge hopeful.
    Hope this helps and Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks so much for your help!! I have asked to do dual science however my school are refusing to let me do it! I am trying to revise as much as I can however, it really isn't going in. I guess I wil just have to try and maximise the marks in things that I am good at !! Also thanks so much for telling me about Cambridge and I hope everything goes well for you, it makes me feel a lot better about being able to get in...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.