Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just came back from skipping RS for like half a year... for studies obvs.
    Anyway it's Easter breaks and I have to weeks to Run_escape.
    What have I missed? Can someone give me a summary.
    From a few mins and stuff I see there's some xp tracking stuff in the game, legendary pets get more abilities/usefulness, probably more quests (not sure exacts), some new d&d in the centre of the GE, and of course invention. what the heck is that? the skill guide is literally blank.
    oh and I only have 1 friend on RS that I actually know and is still active (my FL is like 300 but idk who they are anymore), so can I add you.
    and no I won't be begging or acting like a noob (I'm 2497 I think and like cb 137)

ReputationRep:
    Invention is explained well here

Legendary pet update isn't too significant

Do you PvM a lot because that's basically what RS3 is now. New quest "The light within" is worth doing for new skilling prayers/spells

XP tracking isn't really significant

ReputationRep:
    I tried to make sense of this and failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)

Do you PvM a lot because that's basically what RS3 is now. New quest "The light within" is worth doing for new skilling prayers/spells

XP tracking isn't really sidnificant
    How many languages do you speak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    How many languages do you speak?
    :rofl: Just 2 - this was English believe it or not!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand this :erm: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    it's about a game called runescape ("RS")

he stopped playing for a while because of his studies and now he is returning to the game and wants to know about any new additions etc that he missed in the time he left

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Just 2 - this was English believe it or not!
    Maths is a language. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Maths is a language. :wink2:
    K 3 :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shia Kafir)
    it's about a game called runescape ("RS"

he stopped playing for a while because of his studies and now he is returning to the game and wants to know about any new additions etc that he missed in the time he left

hope this helps
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    People still play RS3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    People still play RS3?
    Actually it's grown a lot

ReputationRep:

XP tracking isn't really significant
    Okay. Yeah I did arraxi/or quite a bit, some warbands and some KK.
    Oh and I still haven't unlocked elf city

(Original post by drowzee)
    *cries inside*

People still play RS3?
    yes. why would they not? it's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it's grown a lot
    That's my problem with it really.
    I played RS from about 2007 through to 2011/2012 or so - then migrated to Private Servers.

The vast changes they implemented (and STUPID decisions like removing Free Trade/Wildy for an undisclosed period) killed the player base and meant that a lot of players just left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    Okay. Yeah I did arraxi/or quite a bit, some warbands and some KK.
    Oh and I still haven't unlocked elf city

*cries inside*

yes. why would they not? it's pretty good.
    Elf city should be your first priority. i have an araxxi kc of >200 so if you want some tips just ask

ReputationRep:
    They also did a cracking job of destroying the "old school" setup too.

Dropping phats randomly around the world killed their value and rarity, and releasing all of these stupid new irrelevant updates (such as that new island they released as of recent) completely missed the point of 2007 OSRS altogether, considering it was created so that the old original Runescape players could get that nostalgia feeling from thegame.

ReputationRep:
    They also did a cracking job of destroying the "old school" setup too.

Dropping phats randomly around the world killed their value and rarity, and releasing all of these stupid new irrelevant updates (such as that new island they released as of recent) completely missed the point of 2007 OSRS altogether, considering it was created so that the old original Runescape players could get that nostalgia feeling from thegame.
    yes. imo old school runescape in the way it is, is just stupid. they have gwd, new weapons, new minigames, blah blah, and rares. it's just a weird way for people to get their "kick".. that's not nostalgic it's strange lol. that's just my opinion. ill go to a rsps if I want an old school experience lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    yes. imo old school runescape in the way it is, is just stupid. they have gwd, new weapons, new minigames, blah blah, and rares. it's just a weird way for people to get their "kick".. that's not nostalgic it's strange lol. that's just my opinion. ill go to a rsps if I want an old school experience lol
    Precisely so.
    Considering going back to Private Servers again (Namely "Ultimatescape" - they've done a reboot and are now onto UltimateScape 3.)

I'd definitely advise you to check it out if you get the chance.

ReputationRep:
    Precisely so.
    Considering going back to Private Servers again (Namely "Ultimatescape" - they've done a reboot and are now onto UltimateScape 3.)

I'd definitely advise you to check it out if you get the chance.
    will do, good for pvp? last time I went on a private server I got a virus.. only time I've ever gotten a virus lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.