Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I wear a short dress to a Masquerade ball? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got a uni even coming up and the dress code is masquerade. I'm not sure how formal it is going to be but it's in the evening and for students only so no academics (I think) but on the invitation it said there will be drinking and dancing, so I'm guessing it's not too formal?

Anyway Ive got a short quite fitted, off-the-shoulder floral dress that I think looks nice and I'm thinking of getting a light coloured mask, but I'm not sure if it would look really odd?

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know... It's hard to say from the description and i dunno how these events are at university but damn I want to attend a masquerade ball after experiencing dragon age inquisition. The whole concept of it is just so wonderfully grand.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey you.)
    bump
    masquerade ball = formal

it'll be black tie for men, which gives an indication of the level of formality expected.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like it would fit the bill to me. Then again I don't have much formal event experience and am male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey you.)
    I've got a uni even coming up and the dress code is masquerade. I'm not sure how formal it is going to be but it's in the evening and for students only so no academics (I think) but on the invitation it said there will be drinking and dancing, so I'm guessing it's not too formal?

Anyway Ive got a short quite fitted, off-the-shoulder floral dress that I think looks nice and I'm thinking of getting a light coloured mask, but I'm not sure if it would look really odd?

Thoughts?
    I found something unique, sexy and misery for you
    I think it will match your dress. I used to attend masquerade ball before, and my face shape not fit the mask well and it makes me feel not so comfort. So sad I only found this kind of mask after the ball.

Name:  cxczv.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  87.2 KB

http://www.luulla.com/product/385589...alloween-masks

ReputationRep:
    Well my sister's university held a ball once and everyone wore long dresses. But this is in America, so it may be different:\

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wore a short navy dress with a lace overlay to my uni masquerade event at christmas. I did wear it with black tights though just in case it was considered too short plus it was freezing outside anyway.

My dress came to just above my knee for reference. It was like a navy strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline, and then it had a second layer on top of sheer navy lace which added a 3/4 length sleeve.

Hope this helps !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.