Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The real victims of the attacks are Islam and the Muslim community Watch

ReputationRep:
    Now my thoughts are with those who died and their families but the long term impacts will be felt elsewhere.

People will attack Islam and make out it promotes killing, mass genocide, intolerance, and everything bad.

People will claim Muslims are responsible when that is the opposite. These terrorists are by convention not Muslim and it is technically impossible for a Muslim to kill anyone as they are effectively not Muslim. Racists and xenophobes can't see this though. They are frauds calling themselves Muslim.

When will people start addressing the adverse effect these attacks will have on Islam and the Muslim community?

ReputationRep:
    dozens of civilians die and OP thinks muslims are the victims

gg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shia Kafir)
    dozens of civilians die and OP thinks muslims are the victims

gg
    I said my thoughts are with them and their families :/

ReputationRep:
    Well a Muslim is this but a real Muslim is that. A victim is this but a real victim is that

ReputationRep:
    "My thoughts are with them and their families."

"Muslims are the primary victims."

Pick one OP. You're like a child unable to pick one toy over another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    Well a Muslim is this but a real Muslim is that. A victim is this but a real victim is that
    What are you going on about? A real Muslim is not this (this being the actions of these people). They have nothing to do with Islam or Muslims. I challenge you to even try to make a connection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    What are you going on about? A real Muslim is not this (this being the actions of these people). They have nothing to do with Islam or Muslims. I challenge you to even try to make a connection
    You may want to Google 'No True Scotsman'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotAPedoReturns)
    "My thoughts are with them and their families."

"Muslims are the primary victims."

Pick one OP. You're like a child unable to pick one toy over another.
    But my thoughts are with them, but in the long term the real (and intended) victims are Muslim (and therefore Islam). Pinning violence on Islam over this is a childish claim and stupid but will be echoed across the world

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between a Muslim and a real Muslim

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand why people think that the case of both parties being victims is incompatible.

There are direct and indirect victims as a result of this situation.

ReputationRep:
    in the long term the real (and intended) victims are Muslim (and therefore Islam).
    please explain the bit in bold.

islam is a vile ideology that has to be challenged at every opportunity and ultimately defeated, just like nazism.

ReputationRep:
    it is technically impossible for a Muslim to kill anyone as they are effectively not Muslim.
    Was Mohammed not a Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    What's the difference between a Muslim and a real Muslim
    There is only a real Muslim and these men don't constitute as Muslim. It's funny how you try to pin this on Muslims, but in another way it is racist and not. The likes of Trump, UKIP, the French national front ect. are more to blame considering their racism and xenophobia is pushing people to do this

ReputationRep:
    Now my thoughts are with those who died and their families but the long term impacts will be felt elsewhere.
    When will people start addressing the adverse effect these attacks will have on Islam and the Muslim community?
    What a disgusting interpretation you hold. The real, primary victims are those that lost their lives and the family members of the deceased. How dare you say that those uninjured, or those without having lost their brothers, sisters or mothers, are the primary victims?

The long term impacts will be felt with the son or daughter that grows up without their mother, with the father that attends his daughters funeral, with the brother that will never see his sister again, with the widow that fights back tears everyday remembering how their partner's life was ripped from them by a group of despicable, inhuman beings.

No. Muslims are NOT the real victims of the attacks. How dare you even state that daft, daft idea.

The Islamic community may suffer, but they are not the primary victims, you utter idiot.

ReputationRep:
    The real victims are the victims and their families. Such a stupid phrase.

ReputationRep:
    There is only a real Muslim and these men don't constitute as Muslim. It's funny how you try to pin this on Muslims, but in another way it is racist and not. The likes of Trump, UKIP, the French national front ect. are more to blame considering their racism and xenophobia is pushing people to do this
    I doubt that ISIS thought to themselves one day "UKIP got a couple of million votes in the British General Election, we can't be having that now can we"

ReputationRep:
    2/10.

ReputationRep:
    there is too much nonsense in this for me to deal with at this time :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    The real victims are the idiots above for being so gullible and believing a troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    What a disgusting interpretation you hold. The real, primary victims are those that lost their lives and the family members of the deceased. How dare you say that those uninjured, or those without having lost their brothers, sisters or mothers, are the primary victims?

The long term impacts will be felt with the son or daughter that grows up without their mother, with the father that attends his daughters funeral, with the brother that will never see his sister again, with the widow that fights back tears everyday remembering how their partner's life was ripped from them by a group of despicable, inhuman beings.

No. Muslims are NOT the real victims of the attacks. How dare you even state that daft, daft idea.

The Islamic community may suffer, but they are not the primary victims, you utter idiot.
    It's small minded to only think of short term impacts over long term impacts. My thoughts are with those who died and their families, it's wrong that they died and utterly sad but the point of this attack had deeper motives.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.