Turn on thread page Beta

The real victims of the attacks are Islam and the Muslim community watch

ReputationRep:
    Ik this is a bait thread but what do you mean by "these terroists are by convention not Muslims"? By whose convention, exactly? Who gets to decide which Muslims follow the Quran correctly and which don't? Isn't violence between Muslim sects, if not their very existence, down to the fact that no one really knows who's right and who's wrong? Not sure how you can claim that these extremists are not Muslims as opposed to simply following a different interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96123)
    Now my thoughts are with those who died and their families but the long term impacts will be felt elsewhere.

People will attack Islam and make out it promotes killing, mass genocide, intolerance, and everything bad.
    You're talking about it as if it were the first ever Islamic terrorist attack. People have been attacking Islam and making that out it promotes killing, mass genocide and intolerance for a while now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Was Mohammed not a Muslim?
    Of course, your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    What a disgusting interpretation you hold. The real, primary victims are those that lost their lives and the family members of the deceased. How dare you say that those uninjured, or those without having lost their brothers, sisters or mothers, are the primary victims?

The long term impacts will be felt with the son or daughter that grows up without their mother, with the father that attends his daughters funeral, with the brother that will never see his sister again, with the widow that fights back tears everyday remembering how their partner's life was ripped from them by a group of despicable, inhuman beings.

No. Muslims are NOT the real victims of the attacks. How dare you even state that daft, daft idea.

The Islamic community may suffer, but they are not the primary victims, you utter idiot.
    If I was to ever become politician I'd get you to write my speeches.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, your point?
    Ubay Ibn Khalaf is my point.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Along with those he's killed indirectly, but that's another story

ReputationRep:
    5/7 effort

ReputationRep:
    Now my thoughts are with those who died and their families but the long term impacts will be felt elsewhere.

People will attack Islam and make out it promotes killing, mass genocide, intolerance, and everything bad.

People will claim Muslims are responsible when that is the opposite. These terrorists are by convention not Muslim and it is technically impossible for a Muslim to kill anyone as they are effectively not Muslim. Racists and xenophobes can't see this though. They are frauds calling themselves Muslim.

When will people start addressing the adverse effect these attacks will have on Islam and the Muslim community?
    You are an utter disgrace.

The blood is still not dry, the nails are still in the survivor's bodies, and you try to use these poor people's deaths and life changing injuries, and the lamentations of their loved ones (which will last a lifetime) to claim that Muslims are the victims here?

Shame on you.

ReputationRep:

People will claim Muslims are responsible when that is the opposite. These terrorists are by convention not Muslim and it is technically impossible for a Muslim to kill anyone as they are effectively not Muslim. Racists and xenophobes can't see this though. They are frauds calling themselves Muslim.

When will people start addressing the adverse effect these attacks will have on Islam and the Muslim community?
    I'd like to think this is satire, because otherwise this is one of the most stupid posts I have come across.

Islam is capable of promoting all of those things. To characterise Islam as anything other than intolerant is so demonstrably untrue it's laughable.

And to say that if you kill anyone you are not Muslim is absurd. The quran is so ambiguous and open to interpretation that every single act, good or bad, can be justified on the grounds of Islam. There is plenty of justification in that book for what happened in Brussels.

The real question is when will people stop complaining about a quasi non-existent backlash against Muslims and start to look at and critique the more unpleasant facets of Islam rather than cowering in fear of being labelled islamophobic? Not only is it distasteful to the victims, it ensures nothing is ever done to stop such a tragedy recurring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)
    You are an utter disgrace.

The blood is still not dry, the nails are still in the survivor's bodies, and you try to use these poor people's deaths and life changing injuries, and the lamentations of their loved ones (which will last a lifetime) to claim that Muslims are the victims here?

Shame on you.
    I said my thoughts are with them, what happened to them was awful but I am looking in the long term, it's takes someone to step outside the box to see that

ReputationRep:
    Actually, OP is right, tons of muslims themselves have been killed by ISIS.

So all these people who are saying "people died, you're disgusting" should shut their stinking mouths.

The biggest victims of islamic extremism is muslims themselves, having to put up with terrorists and stereotypical jackasses confusing them for terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Oh be quiet, damned Islam apologist.

People have died and you're worried about the feelings of a community that is ostracizing itself more and more.

Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    Oh be quiet, damned Islam apologist.

People have died and you're worried about the feelings of a community that is ostracizing itself more and more.

Please.
    What do you mean "Islam apologist"?

What's wrong with stating the facts? Islam and it's messengers promoted peace, respect, tolerance and morality. The basis of it was to follow Allah's teachings and to be Muslim is to do exactly that. Therefore you can't one bit associate Islam with these attacks or any attack for that matter.

The blame can be more accurately attributed to the likes of Trump, UKIP and the French national front who spew hatred and racism pushing people over the edge.

ReputationRep:
    I said my thoughts are with them, what happened to them was awful but I am looking in the long term, it's takes someone to step outside the box to see that
    I regard being dead as "long term." Don't you?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean "Islam apologist"?

What's wrong with stating the facts? Islam and it's messengers promoted peace, respect, tolerance and morality. The basis of it was to follow Allah's teachings and to be Muslim is to do exactly that. Therefore you can't one bit associate Islam with these attacks or any attack for that matter.

The blame can be more accurately attributed to the likes of Trump, UKIP and the French national front who spew hatred and racism pushing people over the edge.
    ---

ReputationRep:
    These 'not real Muslims' are the equivalent of Catholic priests.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! People might actually become critical of Islam, how terrible

ReputationRep:
    Oh no you didn't...
    31 people died... and you're like
    NAH BRUV
    AM MUSLIM
    AM SPECIAL STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME
    AM THE REAL VICTIM

look m8 this is why everyone thinks we're idiots :lol:
    we Muslims fight between ourselves, real muslim this real muslim that
    if we can't accept each other yeah, how tf do we expect other people to accept us :lol:

and then yeah some terrorist scumbag muslims do something and we run away from the blame
    you know what we need to do?

we need to say "no, what those people did was wrong, and we do not agree, our thoughts and prayers are with the people who have lost loved ones on this day" and make it clear that we as human beings, condemn this act. We need to stop shifting blames and acting like children okay

fgs ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Oh no you didn't...
    31 people died... and you're like
    NAH BRUV
    AM MUSLIM
    AM SPECIAL STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME
    AM THE REAL VICTIM

look m8 this is why everyone thinks we're idiots :lol:
    we Muslims fight between ourselves, real muslim this real muslim that
    if we can't accept each other yeah, how tf do we expect other people to accept us :lol:

and then yeah some terrorist scumbag muslims do something and we run away from the blame
    you know what we need to do?

we need to say "no, what those people did was wrong, and we do not agree, our thoughts and prayers are with the people who have lost loved ones on this day" and make it clear that we as human beings, condemn this act. We need to stop shifting blames and acting like children okay

fgs ¬_¬
    I love you Z. You're incredible. This post is on point.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are so impressively cocky.

I could never imagine a Catholic coming out and saying ''I know we had the Crusades and we were out there killing and raping and pillaging and massacring, but actually, we were the real victims of all this. Those Crusades upset a lot of people and we started to look bad.''

Or a White Southern Baptist ''Listen up Black people, before you start trying to make the KKK about you. My wife used to sew those uniforms and her dress making business has been decimated by all the bad press we got after we had that lynching''

ReputationRep:
    I think that the 'real' victims of the attack are those directly affected by it. So this would be those injured, those killed and families of both groups. We should not hesitate to send condolences to them and acknowledge them first. But the indirect victims of the attacks are the general Muslim population who just want to eat and get on with their lives but can't because of the growing label that all Muslims are ISIS sympathisers. Some daft bat on Twitter insisted that ISIS could be eradicated if all Muslims united together

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.