Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks!

Basically, I have already made my application but I'm not sure how my means-tested application will be assessed as my partner is already a FT student at university, and I am over 25 and working part-time to help feed us?
    I will be living apart from him once my course starts in September, and will, at best, continue to work part-time if I am able.
    How will his financial situation (he gets full loans and grants, we're very low income) affect my application? Will his loans be counted towards my income? If so, will this mean I am unlikely to be awarded the expected full amounts of loans and grants?

Many thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.