Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Is that an SQA paper btw? Honestly I doubt sqa will have "puzzles" like that, they will probably just give you equations to solve.
    It was a Lecki and Leckie book for practice papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emizi)
    It was a Lecki and Leckie book for practice papers.
    Ah ok that explains it. I would start digging in sqa nat 5 papers after you finish the leckie and leckie.

Also this guy explains the solutions to the past papers:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rxy8TEco1KCaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emizi)
    I was doing a practice exam and came across this. I now know its simultaneous equation. But it completely threw me because I hadn't seen it in that format before. If I hadn't, that would have been a mess in my exam .
    Re the SQA practice papers for maths in a textbook or on a website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyranger)
    Re the SQA practice papers for maths in a textbook or on a website?
    These ones were out of a book, but there are loads online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emizi)
    These ones were out of a book, but there are loads online.
    I'm averaging 23-28 on non calculator papers... This means I'll relying too heavily on my calculator paper. I really think I'm not going to get my B which means bye bye Uni place

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember what you struggled with in the prelim? If you do, try to go over those topics. Also, in our school, the maths teachers holds a study group after school. If your school does that too, then consider going. The Wade Academy videos on youtube are really good as well.

And.... Why not ask that girl if she wants to study maths with you after school in a coffee shop or something. Two birds with one stone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.