Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone

So there is this guy that I've only known for less than 6 months but that I already consider as a really good friend. We like the same things so we're together all the time and do a lot of stuff together.

Problem is he has bad mood swings and seems to be jealous. Sometimes he just freaks out for no reason. In the last two weeks for example:
    - I was supposed to go to his place. I ate with mutual friends before, I texted him to tell him I would be late and he told me to **** off... I guess it's because he wasn't invited to eat with us (but it wasn't up to me, I was invited 30min before)
    - We're going to a theme park in April, I invited all my best friends including him. We had to choose the day we would go so I asked everyone when they were available. We chose a day he couldn't come. He deleted me on FB and texted me I had chosen one of the few days he wasn't available because we didn't want him to come... Why would have I invited him in the first place?

Everytime he pisses me off 1-2 hours and apologizes the next day.

He is 25 ffs. 25 and he acts like he is 10.

I have no idea what to do. I should just forget about him but I really like him. I haven't known him for long but we get on well. On the other hand, I'm just too old for this kind of things. Freaking out for nothing and then apologizing the next day... Again and again... I'm sick of it.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone

So there is this guy that I've only known for less than 6 months but that I already consider as a really good friend. We like the same things so we're together all the time and do a lot of stuff together.

Problem is he has bad mood swings and seems to be jealous. Sometimes he just freaks out for no reason. In the last two weeks for example:
    - I was supposed to go to his place. I ate with mutual friends before, I texted him to tell him I would be late and he told me to **** off... I guess it's because he wasn't invited to eat with us (but it wasn't up to me, I was invited 30min before)
    - We're going to a theme park in April, I invited all my best friends including him. We had to choose the day we would go so I asked everyone when they were available. We chose a day he couldn't come. He deleted me on FB and texted me I had chosen one of the few days he wasn't available because we didn't want him to come... Why would have I invited him in the first place?

Everytime he pisses me off 1-2 hours and apologizes the next day.

He is 25 ffs. 25 and he acts like he is 10.

I have no idea what to do. I should just forget about him but I really like him. I haven't known him for long but we get on well. On the other hand, I'm just too old for this kind of things. Freaking out for nothing and then apologizing the next day... Again and again... I'm sick of it.
    Tell him your fed up and if that doesn't help then forget about being friends I think.

ReputationRep:
    He likes you lel
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or he's just an immature **** and you gotta tell him he need to stop cos he aint getting the hint

Thanks guys. As expected he already apologized...

I guess there isn't much of a choice. Either I talk to him again and he'll do it again and I just forget about him. Too bad I really liked him.

Yeah if he was a girl I would definitely think he would have a crush on me.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Talk to him. Go through those points, but then address his future behaviour and be very clear. At 25 he should know better, if he cant behave dump him.

ReputationRep:
    He just sounds like a whining little *****, people like that bring everybody down.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    He has to accept that when you make plans to go to a theme park, you're not going to please everyone. I used to have a group of friends who'd go out for meals, quizzes, etc. and ever so often someone would say "I can't do that day" or "I don't like that" and you'd just accept they won't turn up. No-one was childish about it. They'd just say they couldn't do it and that was that. I remember they'd chosen to go to a show one Christmas and I said I couldn't go (I can't cope with too much noise) and they were discussing it in front of me, which they apologised for.

In regards to you being late - I wouldn't be overly pleased if I was him either. I used to know someone who was always constantly late. And no, we're not talking about 2 minutes late. It was always at least 15. Gets boring after a while.

Thanks lads

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    He has to accept that when you make plans to go to a theme park, you're not going to please everyone. I used to have a group of friends who'd go out for meals, quizzes, etc. and ever so often someone would say "I can't do that day" or "I don't like that" and you'd just accept they won't turn up. No-one was childish about it. They'd just say they couldn't do it and that was that. I remember they'd chosen to go to a show one Christmas and I said I couldn't go (I can't cope with too much noise) and they were discussing it in front of me, which they apologised for.

In regards to you being late - I wouldn't be overly pleased if I was him either. I used to know someone who was always constantly late. And no, we're not talking about 2 minutes late. It was always at least 15. Gets boring after a while.
    Talk to me about it! Your friends seemed to be more mature than mine. That's the way it should happen...

About that theme park thing, that's the last time I do something like that. I did my best (it's harder than it seems, between the people who don't reply then wake up 2 weeks later, those who cry because they aren't available that day etc), I even had to pay for all tickets they'll give me the money later (that's about £300...) yeah it's not worth it. Next time I only ask two people to come with me, and if they can't, I ask two others.

Maybe about the fact that I was late but I was eating at a restaurant, I couldn't leave like that... And it was kind of a "party" so he was with other people it's not like he was waiting for me. He just got angry cause he wasn't invited (and I was perhaps)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.