Transfering at Kings college from Biomed engineer to Biomed science Watch

kritns
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I hold a offer to Kings college for Biomedicla engineering. The offer ask me to sit physics further math and math but I want to transfer to biomed science when I already attend Kings college this september. For biomed science they ask for bio and chem but i sit bio, physic,math and firther math and not chem. Do you think they will allow me to transfer to biomed science when I get it?
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kritns)
I hold a offer to Kings college for Biomedicla engineering. The offer ask me to sit physics further math and math but I want to transfer to biomed science when I already attend Kings college this september. For biomed science they ask for bio and chem but i sit bio, physic,math and firther math and not chem. Do you think they will allow me to transfer to biomed science when I get it?
If chem is an essential subject, i dont think they'll allow it.
madmadmax321
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is a 99.9% chance they will say no because chemistry is listed as a required subject on their website, but just ring/email and ask the biomedical science admissions as they are the only ones that can give you a definite answer.
kritns
Rep:
?
If I just sit the chemsitry as well and score only 60%-65% do you think they will allow me to transfer from biomed engineering?
(Original post by madmadmax321)
There is a 99.9% chance they will say no because chemistry is listed as a required subject on their website, but just ring/email and ask the biomedical science admissions as they are the only ones that can give you a definite answer.
madmadmax321
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I just sit the chemsitry as well and score only 60%-65% do you think they will allow me to transfer from biomed engineering?
There is no way anyone on tsr can answer that, you will just have to ring them and ask, as there are too many factors (ie have they made all the offers they can make already, does missing the entry requirements matter to them, will they accept you without chemistry etc)

Just ask if they would consider you without chemistry when you have X subjects
kritns
Rep:
?
I already rang them and they say I would need to sit the chemistry buy they say they cant give me a definite number of what I need to score in chemsitry.

(Original post by madmadmax321)
There is no way anyone on tsr can answer that, you will just have to ring them and ask, as there are too many factors (ie have they made all the offers they can make already, does missing the entry requirements matter to them, will they accept you without chemistry etc)

Just ask if they would consider you without chemistry when you have X subjects
madmadmax321
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I already rang them and they say I would need to sit the chemistry buy they say they cant give me a definite number of what I need to score in chemsitry.
There you go then, you will need to sit chemistry and also assume that you will need to meet the entry requirements (had a quick look and its AAB so either a B or A in chem)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads