Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This girl is 10 years younger than me.... Watch

There is this girl who is over 18 but is about 10 years younger than me. I think she might be interested in me and I think she is hot.

However, I am at the stage of my life where I am comfortable with myself alone but do want some sex. Any advice for me? Should I ask her out or leave her alone? I just feel given the age gap and my low reliance on the opposite sex for emotional support that this won't work out relationship wise. Would it be a bit shallow if we met just for sex?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is this girl who is over 18 but is about 10 years younger than me. I think she might be interested in me and I think she is hot.

However, I am at the stage of my life where I am comfortable with myself alone but do want some sex. Any advice for me? Should I ask her out or leave her alone? I just feel given the age gap and my low reliance on the opposite sex for emotional support that this won't work out relationship wise. Would it be a bit shallow if we met just for sex?
    Age difference aside, that could be considered shallow. You need to make it clear between the two of you what you both want in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with the age gap, but as the mod said, you have to make it clear that you're not interested in anything more than sex. If it seems like she's not capable of separating emotions from the physical act, then do her a favour and don't use her.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above posts. You need to make it clear that you just want sex from the start. If she wants more, don't use her and find someone who wants the same thing you do.

ReputationRep:
    She is very young considering the age gap between you both. And this can lead to problems in terms of her wanting something more than sex. Perhaps an actual relationship. She is young, and I don't think it's fair on her to be played around and to stop living life .. You might not be the cause of this but her mental side of it will think no it's him only. It can affect her growing up.

ReputationRep:

Only if you keep going back for more.

It stops being casual dating if it keeps on going for a while, and being an old fart you know your sense of a long time feels greater than hers will, so you'd have to be especially vigilant on when to end it, no matter how good the sex is.

Also she'd have to be game, and fully aware of the fleeting impermanence of it.
    If you can only get her to acquiesce by deceit and promising a relationship that won;t be forthcoming then don;t bother, plenty of women out there up for a fling.

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it.

Yes I agree with the consider her feelings bit, but honestly, there's not actually that much wrong with two consenting adults making mistakes that only affect them.
    As long as it's safe, and you gain some mutual satisfaction from whatever happens, the long term isn't a big deal.

Age difference or not, she's old enough to make her own mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Grow a pair and get someone your own age...

ReputationRep:
    explain to her that there is no chance of a proper relationship from the outset, don't lead her astray. Make it clear that you only want sex and see how she responds. Even if she says thats OK, think about turning her down if the way she gives her response indicates to you that deed down she wants a replatonship with you. She may hope in time you will change your mind

(Original post by fr0sr_)
    Grow a pair and get someone your own age...
    The reason I want to go for someone much younger is so that they would not want to get pregnant if the condom failed for example.

The reason I want to go for someone much younger is so that they would not want to get pregnant if the condom failed for example.
    They'd be more keen to get rid of the baby if it was to happen.

ReputationRep:
    18 year olds get more satisfying the older you get.

They'd be more keen to get rid of the baby if it was to happen.
    a baby is still a human being, how could you say that.. and even if she'll get rid of the baby, you could damage her mental state.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.