The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by the bear
you have made more posts than big Sean... but he has joined the Fab Four :ahee:

Oh bear, have you perhaps forgotten the exponential rep decay that hit so many of us half a decade ago? Post count pre-2011 matters not.
Original post by Reue
Ohh I hope one day I too can join such an exclusive bunch.

Lol at that laced with sarcasm.
Original post by Reue
Oh bear, have you perhaps forgotten the exponential rep decay that hit so many of us half a decade ago? Post count pre-2011 matters not.

oooh Dr Reue you get me going with your STEM chat :flutter:
Reply 63
oooh Dr Reue you get me going with your STEM chat :flutter:

I did not study any STEM :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue
I did not study any STEM :wink:

oh look there is a rainbow

:creep:
Original post by drowzee
Agreed, or better yet, Bond Street :colondollar:

:rofl:

Definitely but I prefer Hatton garden,london's diamond district :wink:
Original post by PQ
But then you might be unable to afford to furnish your home with the proper accessories

She's going to be wearing that ring whilst you're together as a token of your love to her,make it count and make sure it's not cheap :wink:
Original post by whorace
Engagement ring is the only thing i'll pay a lot of money for, as well as holidays to fancy places, and well meals, not buying any of this cheap crap like jewellery just so she can show of, no no no Venice and Moscow full steam ahead.

It's certainly worth it :wink: it's all about class and elegance and who would want to show off a £10 engagement ring anyway. I'd probably just walk out on the guy tbh
technically one would not buy one's wife an engagement ring, but one's fiancée.
i hope that this helps.

:holmes:

Khalas bear! I know that but she'll still carrying on wearing the ring after you've said your vows :wink:
Til death do us part and all that
Probably.

Why else would they put up with a man?

Obviously men only put up with women because they want sex.

Brutal world out there kids. :wink:
Original post by queen-bee
She's going to be wearing that ring whilst you're together as a token of your love to her,make it count and make sure it's not cheap :wink:

I'm a woman. My partner is a man.

I'm not interested in any tokens - in fact I'm mocking the idea that a token needs to be anything but a token - it could be made of plastic and have the same meaning.

Rather than wasting money on rings I'd rather have a bargain bin version and use the money for experiencing something fun.
It's certainly worth it :wink: it's all about class and elegance and who would want to show off a £10 engagement ring anyway. I'd probably just walk out on the guy tbh

Proverb 31:26, “She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.”
Original post by PQ

I'm not interested in any tokens - in fact I'm mocking the idea that a token needs to be anything but a token - it could be made of plastic and have the same meaning.

Rather than wasting money on rings I'd rather have a bargain bin version and use the money for experiencing something fun.

I would rather it was something special and classy/elegant,to each their own I guess
Original post by acupofgreentea
I'll settle for bronze. I'm not fussy. :holmes:

Spoiler

Exactly.

You want a rich wife.

Heteronormativity much, AG? :hand:

Yeah exactly! Seeking rich woman I can mooch off :biggrin:
Reply 74
Original post by PQ

I think you're ignoring the saving and work involved, in poor family at least spending a lot of money when you don't have very much is a very nice gesture of commitment wouldn't you say?

Brutal :rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Blondie987
Yeah exactly! Seeking rich woman I can mooch off :biggrin:

Honestly you women use your resources badly. If I was a woman i'd just seduce rich old men on the tube.
Proverb 31:26, “She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.”

If my parents were alive,they wouldn't let that man inside the house ever again. It's like a mockery,buying a cheap £10 engagement ring? Just no! And middle easterners do things big when it comes to weddings,it's not a joke
Original post by drowzee

Spoiler

Seriously,it's a disgrace
Reply 79
Original post by drowzee

Spoiler

There goes my plan to cut a moldy potato :frown: