Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are all women just after your gold? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you have made more posts than big Sean... but he has joined the Fab Four :ahee:
    Oh bear, have you perhaps forgotten the exponential rep decay that hit so many of us half a decade ago? Post count pre-2011 matters not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Ohh I hope one day I too can join such an exclusive bunch.
    Lol at that laced with sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Oh bear, have you perhaps forgotten the exponential rep decay that hit so many of us half a decade ago? Post count pre-2011 matters not.
    oooh Dr Reue you get me going with your STEM chat :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    oooh Dr Reue you get me going with your STEM chat :flutter:
    I did not study any STEM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I did not study any STEM
    oh look there is a rainbow

:creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Agreed, or better yet, Bond Street

:rofl:
    Definitely but I prefer Hatton garden,london's diamond district

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    But then you might be unable to afford to furnish your home with the proper accessories
    She's going to be wearing that ring whilst you're together as a token of your love to her,make it count and make sure it's not cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Engagement ring is the only thing i'll pay a lot of money for, as well as holidays to fancy places, and well meals, not buying any of this cheap crap like jewellery just so she can show of, no no no Venice and Moscow full steam ahead.
    It's certainly worth it it's all about class and elegance and who would want to show off a £10 engagement ring anyway. I'd probably just walk out on the guy tbh

ReputationRep:
    technically one would not buy one's wife an engagement ring, but one's fiancée.
    i hope that this helps.

:holmes:
    Khalas bear! I know that but she'll still carrying on wearing the ring after you've said your vows
    Til death do us part and all that

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

Why else would they put up with a man?

Obviously men only put up with women because they want sex.

Brutal world out there kids.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    She's going to be wearing that ring whilst you're together as a token of your love to her,make it count and make sure it's not cheap
    I'm a woman. My partner is a man.

I'm not interested in any tokens - in fact I'm mocking the idea that a token needs to be anything but a token - it could be made of plastic and have the same meaning.

Rather than wasting money on rings I'd rather have a bargain bin version and use the money for experiencing something fun.

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly worth it it's all about class and elegance and who would want to show off a £10 engagement ring anyway. I'd probably just walk out on the guy tbh
    Proverb 31:26, “She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

I'm not interested in any tokens - in fact I'm mocking the idea that a token needs to be anything but a token - it could be made of plastic and have the same meaning.

Rather than wasting money on rings I'd rather have a bargain bin version and use the money for experiencing something fun.
    I would rather it was something special and classy/elegant,to each their own I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

I think you're ignoring the saving and work involved, in poor family at least spending a lot of money when you don't have very much is a very nice gesture of commitment wouldn't you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I'll settle for bronze. I'm not fussy. :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not all women are in it for the money. In terms of the ones who are ... well, I suppose it's a question as to whether they're the kind you want to be pursuing.

Of all the things I factor in when being attracted to someone, wealth comes at the very bottom. I - and I know many others - am of the mindset that I should be producing my own money, anyway, so the wealth of the other person doesn't seem that relevant to me.

Exactly.

You want a rich wife.

Heteronormativity much, AG? :hand:
    Yeah exactly! Seeking rich woman I can mooch off

ReputationRep:
    Brutal :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree tbh that ring is going to be on my finger for the rest of my life. It better good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Yeah exactly! Seeking rich woman I can mooch off
    Honestly you women use your resources badly. If I was a woman i'd just seduce rich old men on the tube.

ReputationRep:
    Proverb 31:26, “She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.”
    If my parents were alive,they wouldn't let that man inside the house ever again. It's like a mockery,buying a cheap £10 engagement ring? Just no! And middle easterners do things big when it comes to weddings,it's not a joke

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree tbh
    Seriously,it's a disgrace

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree tbh that ring is going to be on my finger for the rest of my life. It better good
    There goes my plan to cut a moldy potato

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.