The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Realllllly Stuck On Uni Choices - PLEASE HELP.

So, I have to make a decision soon:
Here are my options:

Bath - AAB
UCL -AAA
Kings - AAB
Aston - AAB (will take ABB if I firm)
Cardiff- rejected a place however they said if they go into clearing and I achieve AAB, they will take me on.

I am stuck between UCL, Bath and Cardiff.
If I don't get the place for Cardiff then its between UCL and Bath. However, I really want to get a place in Cardiff but I can't firm them since they rejected me so my only chance to get in is though clearing on results day!
Will this cause problems if I firm another uni.. and I get the grades to go there?
Also, I don't know which I would go to between UCL and Bath :[Both have their pros and cons.. UCL is a better name - I could carry my degree worldwide and they would recognise the university I graduated from. Bath has a better academic reputation and higher pre reg pass rates. UCL has better links for jobs.. howeever, london is so expensive to live in, Bath is also expensive but not as much as London! Im going to be staying here for the next 4 years of life so I just don't know which to go for, plus bath the city was SO boring when I went there. I want something a bit more exciting.. just so stuck
Original post by aladdin818
So, I have to make a decision soon:
Here are my options:

Bath - AAB
UCL -AAA
Kings - AAB
Aston - AAB (will take ABB if I firm)
Cardiff- rejected a place however they said if they go into clearing and I achieve AAB, they will take me on.

I am stuck between UCL, Bath and Cardiff.
If I don't get the place for Cardiff then its between UCL and Bath. However, I really want to get a place in Cardiff but I can't firm them since they rejected me so my only chance to get in is though clearing on results day!
Will this cause problems if I firm another uni.. and I get the grades to go there?
Also, I don't know which I would go to between UCL and Bath :[Both have their pros and cons.. UCL is a better name - I could carry my degree worldwide and they would recognise the university I graduated from. Bath has a better academic reputation and higher pre reg pass rates. UCL has better links for jobs.. howeever, london is so expensive to live in, Bath is also expensive but not as much as London! Im going to be staying here for the next 4 years of life so I just don't know which to go for, plus bath the city was SO boring when I went there. I want something a bit more exciting.. just so stuck

Did cardiff put that in writing? It's strange for them to offer that this early on so sounds a little suspicious to me. You would have to be released for your firm to do that and it sounds incredibly risky and doing that can take time as you aren't going to be your firms priority on results day.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Did cardiff put that in writing? It's strange for them to offer that this early on so sounds a little suspicious to me. You would have to be released for your firm to do that and it sounds incredibly risky and doing that can take time as you aren't going to be your firms priority on results day.

Yes they emailed me after I enquired about my rejection etc.
I know, that's why Im afraid of getting my hopes up with Cardiff.. Idk if they're just saying that cause they don't go into clearing, from what I heard?
Original post by aladdin818
Yes they emailed me after I enquired about my rejection etc.
I know, that's why Im afraid of getting my hopes up with Cardiff.. Idk if they're just saying that cause they don't go into clearing, from what I heard?

I dont think that's something they should be guaranteeing at this point as they will have no clue as to how many spare places they have until clearing opens. I could just be getting cynical but i wouldnt get your hopes up on it.
What exactly did they say in the email? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending