The Student Room Group

Which Uni to insure out of UCL and Birmingham??

Hi
UCL's offer is AAA and Birmingham's is AAB.
If I get A*AA i'll go to Bath (my firm) but what I'm worrying about is say I insured Birmingham but got AAA i'd be thinking I could've gone to UCL but say I insure UCL and get AAB then I'd be thinking I could've gone to Birmingham and if I wait and reapply next year the entry requirements for Birmingham have gone up to AAA so I wouldve missed my chance on going as im lucky to get AAB!
please help me choose ! Like what are the graduate prospects like for Birmingham? and is it a nightmare getting accommodation in halls when you insure UCL or Birmingham?
Original post by phoebecushion
Hi
UCL's offer is AAA and Birmingham's is AAB.
If I get A*AA i'll go to Bath (my firm) but what I'm worrying about is say I insured Birmingham but got AAA i'd be thinking I could've gone to UCL but say I insure UCL and get AAB then I'd be thinking I could've gone to Birmingham and if I wait and reapply next year the entry requirements for Birmingham have gone up to AAA so I wouldve missed my chance on going as im lucky to get AAB!
please help me choose ! Like what are the graduate prospects like for Birmingham? and is it a nightmare getting accommodation in halls when you insure UCL or Birmingham?

A couple of important things to remember with insurance choices
a) you're very unlikely to end up there - only 8% of applicants end up with their insurance because a huge proportion of applicants will be accepted by their firm if they miss by one or two grades (last year more than 41% of people accepted by their firm missed their predictions by 2 or more grades)
b) check out the deal for accommodation. Both UCL and Birmingham say they don't guarantee halls for insurance students. However while UCL say "you'll have to find your own room" (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/application/eligibility/undergraduate ) Birmingham tell insurance students to apply by the 31st May deadline and say they'll try to house as many as possible (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/accommodation/guarantee.aspx ). To me that sounds like Brum tend to fit insurance people into halls. You can always ring up and ask them what % of insurance entrants last year were placed in halls. If you miss your firm grades *and* they turn you down then the last thing you want on top of that disappointment is a stressful experience trying to find somewhere to live at the last minute (and potentially ending up in lodgings or temporary housing or miles from campus during freshers week)

Quick Reply

Latest