Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So me and my ex have A lot of bad history .

I still love him, and I still care for him. He says the same too. He says he just wants to focus on gym and education. He doesn't expect any effort from me cause he won't give any either.
    He says he wants to continue things to see how they go. But you know how guys tend to fuss over their girls .. Yeah he doesn't do that. It upsets me a lot. Cause I am trying so hard. I don't even know why I should though cause he's disrespected my mum at her own door by swearing and shouting. He's lied to me countless times. And he's made my self confidence vanish.

MAIN QUESTION:

how do I move on from this toxic relationship alone?
    I don't have friends .. And my family .. Well I don't want to speak to them regarding it cause they don't know that I've been in contact with him ever since end of Jan. 😫
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fearless96)

I still love him, and I still care for him. He says the same too. He says he just wants to focus on gym and education. He doesn't expect any effort from me cause he won't give any either.
    He says he wants to continue things to see how they go. But you know how guys tend to fuss over their girls .. Yeah he doesn't do that. It upsets me a lot. Cause I am trying so hard. I don't even know why I should though cause he's disrespected my mum at her own door by swearing and shouting. He's lied to me countless times. And he's made my self confidence vanish.

MAIN QUESTION:

I don't have friends .. And my family .. Well I don't want to speak to them regarding it cause they don't know that I've been in contact with him ever since end of Jan. 😫
    I would cut all contact with him, he seems like bad news sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fearless96)

MAIN QUESTION:

Have you tried talking to other guys, moving on emotionally? Not saying go out and find a new man, but even just talking to a member of the opposite gender can build some confidence.

Have you tried branching out to find other people, like minded to talk to?

Either way, I would move on- if doesn't respect my family, I'd not want him.

ReputationRep:
    I have tried speaking to other guys as friends though. And all these impulsive idiots want is sex. Literally they play it so cool - they sit there listening to you about your ex, and then put them down for it. And then try there best to slide into your pants . It's disgusting.

My ex makes me want to scream so much. It's unreal. Like yesterday I said to him you only talk to me when u want to. Today he throws it at my face like ' just message whenever u feel like talking ' I said whenever I feel like talking ??' His response to that was ' yeah cause I don't want you thinking I only speak when it suits me ' .

I am sick of the way I get treated .
    Overall I wanted him to chase me, I wanted him to miss me. We've gone a week without no contact . My stepdad passed away last week Monday. So 2 years on that Monday. He didn't pop up to say how are u or anything. I messaged him the next day saying WTF .

But that's a different story.

I just don't know ☹☹

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. You need to stop contacting him. Disrespecting your mother is a sign that he will do the same to you. Just find friends. You can have one anytime you want.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Seriously why waste time on someone who has so little regard for you, stop contacting him and block him.

ReputationRep:
    'Your girlfriend looks nice'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.