Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am doing Of Mice and Men and relationships for English Literature. I dread this exam and i thought it would be helpful if people shared their ideas here on how to revise and what could come up!THANKS

ReputationRep:
    And i am also doing Kindertransport and there are no revision guide for, so i am basically lost
    But i a trying t create brainstorms on key themes and characters.

ReputationRep:
    You could write about how close Lennie and George are
    For example: How there is room for both of them to walk on the path (at the start) but Lennie still chooses to walk behind George, this could show how dependant Lennie is on George and how he would follow George anywhere. But it could also show that George is in control and leading Lennie.

George and Slim:
    How in one of the chapters (cant remember) George and Slim are talking and he takes on the tone of confession to Slim who is acting like a priest. Ever thought that Slim is perceived as a higher power with the connotations from 'Prince of the ranch' and 'godlike'? George feels that he is able to talk to slim without being judged compared to how other people on the ranch would judge him

Women:
    How is Curleys wife spoken about?
    She is so worthless that Steinbeck doesnt even address her as her own person - just a possession of Curleys.
    She is all in red when she first comes in which could give the connotations of: danger, sex, love, romance, ect

Crooks (black people)
    He is disabled
    Even Curleys wife has a higher status than him
    Is moody with everyone
    Has 'gold rimmed spectacles' which could suggest some knowledge but they are 'hung up' which could show that you dont need to be intelligent to work on a farm

Hope this helps you, ask me if you need anymore help

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i am writing essays and giving them so that my teacher marks them.

I dont know if you do omam but in my opinion, symbolism,structure and some setting parts have not come up yet...so for my final revision i think i am going to prioritise these aspects..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aljaf003.307)
    Hi i am doing Of Mice and Men and relationships for English Literature. I dread this exam and i thought it would be helpful if people shared their ideas here on how to revise and what could come up!THANKS
    Revise relationships between characters, especially the hierarchy of power/authority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieBunker23)
    Revise relationships between characters, especially the hierarchy of power/authority.
    Yeah true! Power and hierarchy/status at that time has not come up yet.... the extract could be the one from th fight between lennie and curley

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true! Power and hierarchy/status at that time has not come up yet.... the extract could be the one from th fight between lennie and curley
    What Chapter was that fight in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANJXLA)
    I guess section 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANJXLA)
    End of section 3

ReputationRep:
    End of section 3
    ok thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.