Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else frustrated with being injured and just want to get back to sport? Ive been off sport for over 6 weeks and walking even a few steps is still painful
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Use the time for other things. Ive been ut of action for 4 months.
    Read up on how to treat your injury plus rehabillitation exercises. It will get better in the meantime catch up on nox sets or do some study, so you cna easily manage sport when recovered. It sucks, but be patient as it takes as long as it takes.

ReputationRep:
    I've made the decision to play through most of my injuries, and just mask them. It'll shorten how long I have in sport, but at least I'll get to spend my prime playing as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    I've made the decision to play through most of my injuries, and just mask them. It'll shorten how long I have in sport, but at least I'll get to spend my prime playing as much as possible.
    Unfortunately that isn't a possibility for me at the moment as Ive lost a lot of movement in my ankle so can't physically do my sport, and have only just got off crutches as couldn't weight bare for a while
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    No idea, but you should check you arent taking risks becayse some injuries need to heal properly and playing through them cna cause problems in later life. You know your body and its your risk I don't. Just be careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    No idea, but you should check you arent taking risks becayse some injuries need to heal properly and playing through them cna cause problems in later life. You know your body and its your risk I don't. Just be careful.
    Dislocated both shoulders, and done damage to MCL, but health in later life < playing sport now.

ReputationRep:
    Use the time for other things. Ive been ut of action for 4 months.
    Read up on how to treat your injury plus rehabillitation exercises. It will get better in the meantime catch up on nox sets or do some study, so you cna easily manage sport when recovered. It sucks, but be patient as it takes as long as it takes.
    Wow 4 months is a lot, Im hoping to be back after 3 (hopefully this isn't overly optimistic) what did you do? Only have 2 months left of my final year of uni so guess the extra time will probably help me get my dissertation done
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Wow 4 months is a lot, Im hoping to be back after 3 (hopefully this isn't overly optimistic) what did you do? Only have 2 months left of my final year of uni so guess the extra time will probably help me get my dissertation done
    Rotator cuff. Its functional, but I don wnat to risk it until absolutely sure. I gave it a complete rest and will be into rehab strengthening next week.

My point is get your priorities right. Exams, then you cna play as much sport as you wnat over the simmer. If you go back too soon, then you could make it worse, so patience is the key. Youtube is really good for physio exercises, so look them up and you can do those at home.

ReputationRep:
    Rotator cuff. Its functional, but I don wnat to risk it until absolutely sure. I gave it a complete rest and will be into rehab strengthening next week.

My point is get your priorities right. Exams, then you cna play as much sport as you wnat over the simmer. If you go back too soon, then you could make it worse, so patience is the key. Youtube is really good for physio exercises, so look them up and you can do those at home.
    Thanks ahh Ive done my rotator cuff before but luckily not too badly. This time Ive torn some ligaments in my ankle so couldn't do sport even if i wanted to at the moment. Shall have a look on youtube and focus on uni work though
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Thanks ahh Ive done my rotator cuff before but luckily not too badly. This time Ive torn some ligaments in my ankle so couldn't do sport even if i wanted to at the moment. Shall have a look on youtube and focus on uni work though
    Good happy recovery and keep the painkillers handy.

One thing I do is look for new training plans, so maybe you cna write a list of new things youd like to do when you get better so you have soemthing to look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear about that I am not b=very good at sports because I fall a lot but I can empathies with you. you will be fien just take it easy

ReputationRep:
    Get well soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.