Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im not colour Blind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I'm not, but my dad is, if I was a boy I would be.
    If it is red green colour blindness then it is carried on the X chromosome this means that you get it if your mum is a carrier of it. So unless your mother is a carrier you wouldn't be colour blind as a male. Because if you were a boy you would have inherited your fathers Y rather than his faulty X. As a girl you are in the same situation as I am (my dad has red green colour blindness) you have inherited you dads faulty X chromosome and should have a 1 in 2 chance of having a son with Red green colour blindness because you are a carrier.

This could be a simplification for A-level Biology it may be more complex but this is my understanding of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Gross people perhaps?
    god its just a little joke.

Um i was only sayig the obvious sarcy remark, i don't actually find it that offensive.

ReputationRep:
    apparently im colour blind ? hehe.. i couldnt see that star, box or boat at all.. in primary school we had to find numbers in the same pictures, 1 being easiest and 100 being the hardest, the numbers dissappeared in the 20's for me. My eyes are crap for colour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    If it is red green colour blindness then it is carried on the X chromosome this means that you get it if your mum is a carrier of it. So unless your mother is a carrier you wouldn't be colour blind as a male. Because if you were a boy you would have inherited your fathers Y rather than his faulty X. As a girl you are in the same situation as I am (my dad has red green colour blindness) you have inherited you dads faulty X chromosome and should have a 1 in 2 chance of having a son with Red green colour blindness because you are a carrier.

This could be a simplification for A-level Biology it may be more complex but this is my understanding of it.
    This is what you get on an Academic forum

ReputationRep:
    its weird i think i am red green colour blind, but i can not identify only certain shades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    im fine apparently.

i thought you were talking about another test here
    oh god!....i actually jumped when doing that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    Its horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    why? i havent actually finished that - why is it so 'scary'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    I'm not colour blind but i couldn't see a star at all
    samr here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    why? i havent actually finished that - why is it so 'scary'?
    i don't want want spoil the suprise for you......carry on doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i don't want want spoil the suprise for you......carry on doing it
    i knew that itd be one of those deadish dudes that pop up

ReputationRep:
    I'm colourblind apparently

ReputationRep:
    it is really common for guys to be colourblind right? and really rare for girls? i found out i was red green colourblind when people keep correcting me that the gems are green gems not red gems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    it is really common for guys to be colourblind right? and really rare for girls? i found out i was red green colourblind when people keep correcting me that the gems are green gems not red gems
    how *** you didn't know before......i mean what about when you look at trees etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    how *** you didn't know before......i mean what about when you look at trees etc.
    lol i can see plain green and red obviously, but its orangey green and greenish red i cant distinguish, or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I'm not, but my dad is, if I was a boy I would be.
    How did you guess that? As far as I know, being colourblind isn't a sexual defect so you can get it from either parent, no matter what your gender is (as it wouldn't be on a Y chromosom that only a male could have, but on a non-sexual chromosom that either your dad or mum could transmit to you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    im fine apparently.

i thought you were talking about another test here
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    I have trouble with car colours, daek green, black, purple i get mixed up lots along with other colours.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.