Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

We are now underway with a new TSR app and we would like your feedback on the early ideas before we build it. These ideas are based on lots of member feedback through threads we've started and surveys you may have taken part in recently. Now we would like to run some ideas past some of you.

Information about the session
    • A short 2 hour session on Friday 1st April where we will run ideas past you.
    • For students in Yr 12, 13 or year one and two of university.
    • At our agency's office in Victoria, London.
    • Review our ideas for the new app and help us decide the direction of what we are going to build.
    • £20 Amazon voucher for your time
    To take part

Please email me at [email protected] om with the following details:
    • Subject line: "TSR App Session - 1st April"
    • Your full name
    • Your year of education (Yr 12 / Yr 13 / First year of uni)
    • Your TSR username
    • How long you have been using TSR for
    If you email me over the Easter weekend I will reply on Tuesday when I am back in the office to confirm who will be taking part

Hope you're interested, it will be a fun session and your feedback will be invaluable to us in getting the app right :banana:

Thanks,

Jack

ReputationRep:
    Hey Jack what happened to that app testing thing on the 22nd? :erm:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Gah, why am I in second year of uni. :shakecane:

Sounds like fun
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Student403)
    Hey Jack what happened to that app testing thing on the 22nd? :erm:
    The remote user testing? It's still happening but there's been a delay with setting it up I think....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    The remote user testing? It's still happening but there's been a delay with setting it up I think....
    Yeah that! Alright then please tag me in whnever it goes ahead!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yeah that! Alright then please tag me in whnever it goes ahead!
    Yes I will do I'll let everyone know once I know what's going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Yes I will do I'll let everyone know once I know what's going on
    Thanks Puddles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)

Sounds like fun
    We might expand it out to second years too - I will confirm on Tue depending on how many people we have
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Does Year 1 of a PhD count as Year 1 of Uni? :angel: . I mean, it technically is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Does Year 1 of a PhD count as Year 1 of Uni? :angel: . I mean, it technically is...
    Sowwy - it's just those years for now

ReputationRep:

Sounds like fun
    Why do they only open these things up to that slice of the users? It seems a bit short-sighted to not take into account a much larger representation of the users.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Why do they only open these things up to that slice of the users? It seems a bit short-sighted to not take into account a much larger representation of the users.
    :lol: asking the wrong person, I'm afraid.

I imagine the majority of users are in those categories though, so at most you'd only want maybe 2-3 people from other categories, but I see what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: asking the wrong person, I'm afraid.

I imagine the majority of users are in those categories though, so at most you'd only want maybe 2-3 people from other categories, but I see what you're saying.
    Lol okay but I don’t know, the point of having a wider sample/wider demographic is that you get different angles and input. If you restrict your selection then the feedback will be narrow and that will limit the effectiveness of such a session.

It should be based on people who use the app a lot irrelevant of their age/stage of study. I know a couple of people who use the app tons that don’t fit into that category and their feedback on this would be really useful probably.

This is why diversity is valued so much in big companies etc.

As it is I don’t use the app at all so this isn’t because I want to be involved I just generally think it’s a bit restrictive and limits the diversity of opinion. But maybe that’s actually wanted.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Lol okay but I don’t know, the point of having a wider sample/wider demographic is that you get different angles and input. If you restrict your selection then the feedback will be narrow and that will limit the effectiveness of such a session.

It should be based on people who use the app a lot irrelevant of their age/stage of study. I know a couple of people who use the app tons that don’t fit into that category and their feedback on this would be really useful probably.

This is why diversity is valued so much in big companies etc.

As it is I don’t use the app at all so this isn’t because I want to be involved I just generally think it’s a bit restrictive and limits the diversity of opinion. But maybe that’s actually wanted.
    You make a good point. :iiam:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Would be v interesting :yy:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hi everyone,

We are now underway with a new TSR app and we would like your feedback on the early ideas before we build it. These ideas are based on lots of member feedback through threads we've started and surveys you may have taken part in recently. Now we would like to run some ideas past some of you.

Information about the session
    • A short 2 hour session on Friday 1st April where we will run ideas past you.
    • For students in Yr 12, 13 or year one of university.
    • At our agency's office in Victoria, London.
    • Review our ideas for the new app and help us decide the direction of what we are going to build.
    • £20 Amazon voucher for your time
    To take part

Please email me at [email protected] om with the following details:
    • Subject line: "TSR App Session - 1st April"
    • Your full name
    • Your year of education (Yr 12 / Yr 13 / First year of uni)
    • Your TSR username
    • How long you have been using TSR for
    If you email me over the Easter weekend I will reply on Tuesday when I am back in the office to confirm who will be taking part

Hope you're interested, it will be a fun session and your feedback will be invaluable to us in getting the app right :banana:

Thanks,

Jack
    London's expensive :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    A £20 voucher for 2 hours of your time (not incl travel time) is a bit pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    We're taking into account all users, it's just this session that is aimed at this age group.

All of the surveys and other tests have been for other ages.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Noooo, I'm away that day . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's only about 25 minutes away from me so I shall consider.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.