Turn on thread page Beta

I am a Schizophrenic ask me anything AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    You are right in that clozapine (the drug for the worst sufferers of schizophrenia) is a typical. my bad
    Hmmm clozapine don't remind me about that.

ReputationRep:
    What was the process of getting discharged like? Did you get any support in the community after leaving hospital? Were you under a Section 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    What was the process of getting discharged like? Did you get any support in the community after leaving hospital? Were you under a Section 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry it took me so long to reply. The first time I was discharged I was put into respite. That is a halfway house that's a bit like hospital in that you are observed a lot. I saw a doctor and he signed me off indefinitely and said I would never work again, LoL? I was given some psychology tests like memory tests all a bit superficial. I had cooking lessons. LoL And I went to the drop in centre, they're fun. I was under curfew and given about £5.00 a week to live on. That wasn't enough so I didn't pay my rent and then when I moved out I had to pay all that back. Err I think I was under section 3 I'm not sure. I soon found somewhere else to live and had no support I just had my doctor who just prescribed me medication. Then before long I was back in hospital again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I have been sectioned twice under the mental health act and spent months in a mental hospital. AMA
    What triggered your problems? I know with me it was bullying that led to a whole load of problems I had and still have now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. The first time I was discharged I was put into respite. That is a halfway house that's a bit like hospital in that you are observed a lot. I saw a doctor and he signed me off indefinitely and said I would never work again, LoL? I was given some psychology tests like memory tests all a bit superficial. I had cooking lessons. LoL And I went to the drop in centre, they're fun. I was under curfew and given about £5.00 a week to live on. That wasn't enough so I didn't pay my rent and then when I moved out I had to pay all that back. Err I think I was under section 3 I'm not sure. I soon found somewhere else to live and had no support I just had my doctor who just prescribed me medication. Then before long I was back in hospital again.
    Sounds about right. i have also been through the treadwheel of the mental health system. It's not good, that's all i will say for now!??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    What triggered your problems? I know with me it was bullying that led to a whole load of problems I had and still have now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least it seems like i am going to finally get my degree, soon anyway?!?

(Original post by davidguettafan)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What triggered my first psychotic episode was being beaten up, I received a nasty blow to the spine which still pains me. there were a lot of other factors but the beating I took was probably the main trigger. Now I sympathise with you because the set of voices I hear are bullies constantly trying to control what I do. My future seems utterly hopeless ATM.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right. i have also been through the treadwheel of the mental health system. It's not good, that's all i will say for now!??!
    Sorry I never got back to you about reading your dissertation I'm really bogged down with university work so I can't aTm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Sorry I never got back to you about reading your dissertation I'm really bogged down with university work so I can't aTm.
    Good luck with your workload Thomb. I've finished mine, now i just need for the results to come back?

Good luck with your workload Thomb. I've finished mine, now i just need for the results to come back?
    Thanks good luck with your results. I've got sunstroke so don't know how much work I'll be doing this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks good luck with your results. I've got sunstroke so don't know how much work I'll be doing this week.
    I've calculated that all i need to do is to pass this final essay, to get a 2.1 overall. Let's just hope that my calculations are correct!

ReputationRep:
    I've calculated that all i need to do is to pass this final essay, to get a 2.1 overall. Let's just hope that my calculations are correct!
    A 2.1 would be good hope you get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    A 2.1 would be good hope you get it.
    Yes i can retire then!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.