Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for those of us that live in cairncross twin rooms, do we get to know who our roommates will be? Do we get any say in it? thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tp567)
    Hi
    I have submitted by application by the 22nd of August, just wondering when I will receive my accommodation offer? Thank you

Hi tp567 ,

Apologies for the delay in responding. All of our offers for students who applied before the August 22 deadline have been sent out so hopefully you have received it. If you have not please get in touch with us and we can check out your application.

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by siege98)
    Hello
    I will be staying at Cairncross House and I have an issue with shipping of my personal belongings. As I am an international student, I have no choice but to use delivery services to bring my things to uni. As far as I know there is no storage facilities at Cairncross House, so I cannot send it before my arrival. However, I was wandering if my package could be delivered on the day of my arrival, just a few hours in advance. Thank you.

Hi @siege98,

Unfortunately Cairncross doesn’t really have any secure storage areas to hold packages sent in advance so it would be best to wait until you have arrived and received your full room details before having anything sent through.

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Scottie1058)
    Hi!

How much storage space is there in cairncross house bedrooms? I've seen photos, but wondered if there was room to bring boxes and whether there was room under the bed for storage?

Thanks!

Hi @Scottie1058,

Unfortunately the beds at Cairncross are all fitted so there isn’t any space underneath. For a better idea of what your room will look like why not check out one of our 360 room images one our Flickr page?

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Peet79)
    Hi, for those of us that live in cairncross twin rooms, do we get to know who our roommates will be? Do we get any say in it? thanks

Hi @Peet79,

Unfortunately, due to data protection rules we cannot give out information on your future roommates before you have both moved in. If you know someone in particular that you would like to share your room with then we can try to accommodate you both together but that would obviously depend on availability etc.

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation)
    Hi @Peet79,

Unfortunately, due to data protection rules we cannot give out information on your future roommates before you have both moved in. If you know someone in particular that you would like to share your room with then we can try to accommodate you both together but that would obviously depend on availability etc.

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services
    That's okay, looking forward to being surprised

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have a accommodation place at Murano I was just wondering when do I find out what flat I am in or do I find out on the day?
    Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi happypenguin,

Yes, your room and full address details will be released upon check in

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking for a person to take over my room at Kelvin court (unite students) Glasgow, from September 2017 till June 2018. Or from January 2018 till June 2018. It's an en-suite room with a shared kitchen with four other flat mates.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I’m thinking of intercalating to UoG for one year. Are there any accommodation options available for students like me?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Boredandlazy,

Apologies for the delay in responding. We’ve actually got a new forum for this year that is available at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?t=5061862.

Yes, if you are going to be a registered student with the University you will be able to apply for accommodation. If you visit our website you will be able to view the kinds of accommodation that we have on offer and submit an application.

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’ve applied to UoG for dentistry in 2018 and just wondering which accommodation would be best for this saying as I’ll be travelling to the dental school?☺️
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by aoibhinnmurphy)
    Hi, I’ve applied to UoG for dentistry in 2018 and just wondering which accommodation would be best for this saying as I’ll be travelling to the dental school?☺️

Hi aoibhinnmurphy

We’ve actually just had a similar question on accommodation from another dentistry student on our 2018/19 accommodation thread.

There isn’t really a preferred choice amongst our dentistry students as all of the residences are within easy travelling distance of both the main university campus and the Dental Hospital. As far as distance goes Cairncross House, Kelvinhaugh Gate and Student Apartments are definitely the closest being only around 10/15 minutes away from both campus and hospital. Queen Margaret, Winton Drive and Murano Street are slightly further out but, on foot, are only 20/25 minutes way from campus about 40 minutes away from the Dental Hospital. Our catered residence Wolfson Hall is further away again, but like Queen Margaret and Murano Street, it is located close to some good transport routes that will get you into the west end and city centre.

You’ll find a lot more about our residences on our website which has locations maps and breakdowns for each site. Hopefully this will help with your decision but if you have any further questions please get back to us

Best wishes,

Alexander
    Accommodation Services

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.