Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_hughez1)
    Hi,
    Does the £450 deposit need to be paid before we receive our funding from saas?
    Thanks
    Hi jack_hughez1,

The £450 deposit needs to be paid when accepting your contract of accommodation.You will have one week to accept your offer from the day your offer is issued. The payment is not linked to your SAAS funding.

(Original post by thermometer)
    How long would pre-term accommodation be? Could it be as little as 3 days, or is there a set duration? Had a look on the website but couldn't find anything.

thanks
    Hi thermometer,

Pre-term accommodation will be offered from 3rd September onwards. You can apply for any number of days from that date to 9th September when the term contract starts.

Once you have accepted your offer, you will be able to apply for pre-term accommodation at our Online Accommodation Site.

It is advisable to apply as soon as you know the date of arrival. Pre-term accommodation is limited and there is no guarantee that we will be able to meet all requests.

Regards,
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation)
    Hi jack_hughez1,

The £450 deposit needs to be paid when accepting your contract of accommodation.You will have one week to accept your offer from the day your offer is issued. The payment is not linked to your SAAS funding.

Hi thermometer,

Pre-term accommodation will be offered from 2nd September onwards. You can apply for any number of days from that date to 9th September when the term contract starts.

Once you have accepted your offer, you will be able to apply for pre-term accommodation at our Online Accommodation Site.

It is advisable to apply as soon as you know the date of arrival. Pre-term accommodation is limited and there is no guarantee that we will be able to meet all requests.

Regards,
    Accommodation Services
    Hi!
    How much does pre term accommodation cost (per night)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theotherguy51)
    Hi!
    How much does pre term accommodation cost (per night)?
    Hi theotherguy51,

The cost per night during the pre term period is the same than during term time.

These are the costs per night for some of the most common rooms:

Shared: £12.91 (Cairncross), £14.22 (Student Apartments)
    Standard Single: £16.12
    Standard Large Single: £17.35
    En Suite Single: £19.61
    Catered: £23.04 (Standard Single), £25.48 (En Suite Single)

For more info see Undergraduate Accommodation Fees and Postgraduate Accommodation Fees

Best,
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi theotherguy51,

The cost per night during the pre term period is the same than during term time.

These are the costs per night for some of the most common rooms:

Shared: £12.91 (Cairncross), £14.22 (Student Apartments)
    Standard Single: £16.12
    Standard Large Single: £17.35
    En Suite Single: £19.61
    Catered: £23.04 (Standard Single), £25.48 (En Suite Single)

For more info see Undergraduate Accommodation Fees and Postgraduate Accommodation Fees

Best,
    Accommodation Services
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm a student from Spain and I was thinking about doing my Erasmus exchange programme at the University of Glasgow. I would like to study there for the whole academic year and stay at one of the Residence Halls. I was wondering if it is likely that I get a place since I will need to wait until I'm accepted at the university and I will not know that until a bit after the application period is open. (I'm planning on going in 2017/2018)

ReputationRep:
    When do the offers of accommodation go out to 1st years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atticusartoria)
    Hi,
    I'm a student from Spain and I was thinking about doing my Erasmus exchange programme at the University of Glasgow. I would like to study there for the whole academic year and stay at one of the Residence Halls. I was wondering if it is likely that I get a place since I will need to wait until I'm accepted at the university and I will not know that until a bit after the application period is open. (I'm planning on going in 2017/2018)
    Hola Atticusartoria!

Great to hear you are thinking about coming to Glasgow Uni, you'll love it! :heart:

The applications for accommodation usually open around mid February every year. You may apply for accommodation later, right up to the start of the new course.Rooms are allocated on a first come first served basis, so the sooner you apply the better your chances to get your top choices. If when you apply we still have availability in our residences, then we'll be more than happy to offer you a place!

Saludos! :ciao:

(Original post by oz600)
    When do the offers of accommodation go out to 1st years?
    Hi oz600,

We expect to send offers to 1st years within the next couple of weeks.
    Keep an eye on your email!

Best,

Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hola!
    It's me again, thank you for replying to my previous question
    I had another question, are we allowed to bring things such as food processors into the flats?
    Gracias y saludos!

ReputationRep:
    When do the Glasgow uni Accomadtion emails get sent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atticusartoria)
    Hola!
    It's me again, thank you for replying to my previous question
    I had another question, are we allowed to bring things such as food processors into the flats?
    Gracias y saludos!
    Hi

You could bring a food processor into the flat but you are not allowed to keep it in your bedroom, it must be in the kitchen.

These are some items which are not allowed within the residence:
    .Candles or incense sticks.
    .Personal heaters/electrical blankets.
    .Plug in air fresheners.
    .Electrical whitegoods.
    .Deep fat fryers.
    .Humidifiers/dehumidifiers.
    .Plug in faerie lights.

The following items can not be kept in bedrooms:
    .Kettles.
    .Rice cookers.
    .Toasters.
    .Steamers.

Any items you may bring to the flat must comply with the current EU regulations.

(Original post by Jj977)
    When do the Glasgow uni Accomadtion emails get sent?
    Hi Jj977,

We expect to send offers to students with unconditional offers within the next 2 weeks.

We'll announce it on facebook and twitter, but you can also keep an eye on your email

Regards,

Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Do you only receive an offer of accommodation for one place or can you choose between several offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi theotherguy51,

You will receive an offer for one residence only.The allocation process takes into account your preferences, so it's likely you'll get offered one of your choices

Regards,
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi theotherguy51,

You will receive an offer for one residence only.The allocation process takes into account your preferences, so it's likely you'll get offered one of your choices

Regards,
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services
    Ok thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have received my offer from Murano, and I was wondering if am able to change my offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I've heard the Murano large flats have been done up a bit lately?
    Would you suggest small or large is better? Not bothered about the social aspects of a small or large flat as I can imagine its fairly easy to have fun either way.
    Just which is (potentially) cleaner and just nicer?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, how do I pay for university Accomodation once I've paid the £450 deposit? I'm really worried I don't know what to do next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan997)
    Hey, I have received my offer from Murano, and I was wondering if am able to change my offer?
    Hi Jordan997

If Murano was one of your top options but you've now changed your mind and rather have an offer for a residence you put lower on the list, then you could contact us at [email protected]

If this is not the case, if you don't accept this offer we might not be able to offer you any other accommodation.

(Original post by Henry.97)
    HelloI've heard the Murano large flats have been done up a bit lately?Would you suggest small or large is better? Not bothered about the social aspects of a small or large flat as I can imagine its fairly easy to have fun either way.Just which is (potentially) cleaner and just nicer?Cheers
    Hi Henry.97,

Murano Street has undergone refurbishment in some of the buildings.The refurbishment was done in both small and large flats.

Small flats are shared between 3/5 students and have 1 shower and 1 toilet.
    Large flats are shared between 10/12 students and have 2 showers and 2 toilets.These flats also get a weekly light cleaning service of the common areas

(Original post by Jordan909)
    Hello, how do I pay for university Accomodation once I've paid the £450 deposit? I'm really worried I don't know what to do next
    Hi Jordan909,

Your accommodation fees will be added to your MyCampus student account when you move in in September. You'll be able to pay online through MyCampus, where you can also set up a monthly direct debit. If you set up a direct debit you can pay your accommodation fees in 8 monthly instalments (October to May). See typical instalments for the different residences.

The payment can be sorted out in September

Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm a student from Spain coming to Glasgow for my Erasmus starting next September.

I was wondering: can we only pay the instalments monthly? Is there any way to pay the instalment per semester or something similar? Or is paying monthly the only way? I'm sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but I just want to get my head around my finances and organise it well.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hi asun.dunham,

If you do not wish to set up a direct debit you can pay your accommodation fees using a card on MyCampus or by bank transfer.

It is possible to pay all your accommodation fees in a single payment by card or bank transfer at the beginning of the course.

Hope this helps with planning your exchange year in Glasgow

Saludos,
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've put Glasgow as my firm choice but only have a conditional offer and live in Glasgow already. I've applied for accommodation but is it likely I will get accommodation at all? I'd be happy with basically all six of my choices and just want accommodation in general but don't know if I'll get it due to my conditional offer and proximity to the campus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.