Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm an EU student. I'd like to ask whether charge a week should be considered for 4 or 5 weeks in a month? I hope I made the question clear...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to be studying Music MA and i already have my grades, accomadation at Murano and student finance, is there anything else I need to do now?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I already got my offer and I'll be staying in Cairncross House. I got some questions though.

1) Somwhere in here was that I can't keep a toaster in my room. Does that mean I am allowed to bring my toastie or waffle maker with me but I have to keep it elsewhere (like in the kitchen)? Or am I now allowed to bring any of those?

2) I know fairlights are forbidden but does this also apply to the LED ones? I've read somewhere you can have those but I'm not sure.

3) How about a curling iron? Or a straightener? Can I bring those?

4) How is it with like with white tack or blue tack and stuff? Like things that won't damage the walls... can I use those?

I just honestly want my room to feel a bit like home, not like an empty room with scary white walls haha. Thanks for answering!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've received my offer of accommodation and if what I was offered is not ANY of my choices, does that mean other places are all full?
    I've been offered a place at Wolfson Hall and it's kind of too expensive for me so I'll be forced to look for non-university accommodation.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentoki)
    Hello, I've received my offer of accommodation and if what I was offered is not ANY of my choices, does that mean other places are all full?
    I've been offered a place at Wolfson Hall and it's kind of too expensive for me so I'll be forced to look for non-university accommodation.

Thank you
    I am in the exact same situation, and my sister was a couple of years before so she had to get private accommodation set up by the university after complaining, which was still expensive. Then she later found out from her friends that there was plenty of rooms in places left empty at murano. I hope this isn't going to be the same case for us as well.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cigol)
    Hello!

I applied after my conditional offer had already been accepted by the Uni of Glasgow. That was a week ago now and I still haven't gotten any accommodation offers so does this mean that I'll have to wait until August like the rest of the students with conditional offers even though I've already got my place on the course assured?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi cigol,

As I understand it you now have an unconditional offer?
    If you applied before August you should have received an offer of accommodation.
    You may send a DM with your details so I can check our system to find out

Regards
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacobys18)
    Hello, I'm an EU student. I'd like to ask whether charge a week should be considered for 4 or 5 weeks in a month? I hope I made the question clear...
    Hi jacobys18,

Our weekly rate refers to a 7 day period.
    You can see an example of direct debit monthly charges.

Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jj9798)
    Hi, I'm going to be studying Music MA and i already have my grades, accomadation at Murano and student finance, is there anything else I need to do now?
    Hi Jj9798,

Great to hear you are all ready to start the course!

Keep an eye on your emails as you will soon receive a link to complete your accommodation e-induction where you will find loads of info about your new Glasgow home

Make sure to check out our UofG Living websitewhich is full of handy tips to make the most of your time at Uni!

Follow us on facebook and twitter for the latest updates on accommodation.

Looking forward to seeing you at Murano!
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vonnie97)
    Hi! I already got my offer and I'll be staying in Cairncross House. I got some questions though.

1) Somwhere in here was that I can't keep a toaster in my room. Does that mean I am allowed to bring my toastie or waffle maker with me but I have to keep it elsewhere (like in the kitchen)? Or am I now allowed to bring any of those?

2) I know fairlights are forbidden but does this also apply to the LED ones? I've read somewhere you can have those but I'm not sure.

3) How about a curling iron? Or a straightener? Can I bring those?

4) How is it with like with white tack or blue tack and stuff? Like things that won't damage the walls... can I use those?

I just honestly want my room to feel a bit like home, not like an empty room with scary white walls haha. Thanks for answering!
    Hi Vonnie97,

I can see you are already planning your move to Cairncross, it's getting closer!
    1. You can bring appliances like a toaster but must keep these in the kitchen, they are not allowed in your room.
    2. Decorative lights, like fairy lights are not allowed.This applies to LED lights as well.
    3. You can bring with you a curling iron and straighteners, just make sure all electrical equipment you bring complies with the current regulations - look for the CE marking!
    4. You'll have a pin board in your room where you can put up pictures, posters and notes. Posters are not allowed on the walls due to fire safety so you shouldn't use any blue tack
    I'm sure you'll make your room look very homey! Check out our bloggers advice: 'Top ways to make your new place look like home'

Regards
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentoki)

Thank you
    (Original post by Ewalker47)
    I am in the exact same situation, and my sister was a couple of years before so she had to get private accommodation set up by the university after complaining, which was still expensive. Then she later found out from her friends that there was plenty of rooms in places left empty at murano. I hope this isn't going to be the same case for us as well.
    Hi sentoki and Ewalker47

Rooms are allocated on a first come first served basis. If you were not offered any of your choices it does mean that there were no vacancies available in those residences.

On Monday 12th September students can submit a room transfer request to move to a different residence. These requests are dealt with in order of submission. All changes are subject to availability and the process may be slow as rooms become available when other students move out or withdraw from University soon after the start of their course.

Hope this info helps!

Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi I received an offer of accommodation but cannot find an exact address for where I will be staying other than that I will be in a large Murano street flat. Will we be sent an email or be able to find this out before arrival?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_C98)
    Hi I received an offer of accommodation but cannot find an exact address for where I will be staying other than that I will be in a large Murano street flat. Will we be sent an email or be able to find this out before arrival?
    Hi Molly_C98,

You'll get your full address once you check in at Murano in September

The countdown is on! :dance:

Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is it too late to apply for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi clxire,

You can still apply for accommodation at https://onlineapps/accom.gla.c.uk

If you are a 1st year undergraduate, the deadline to receive a guaranteed offer is 22nd August, so do it soon!

Regards
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hello again.

Is it possible to get the bedlinen, douvet, towels, etc. delivered to my hall and be kept by them until I arrive? Instead of having to bring them all by myself?

Also on the Wolfson Hall page it was stated that a student bus pass for the year could be purchased and its cost would be subtracted from my rent, how do I go about doing this? Do I have to buy the pass online and then inform them to subtract the cost from my rent or apply for the pass through the hall administration or something else?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi cigol ,

You should not get packages delivered before you move in as there are no storage facilities on site. You may want to check Click2Campus, they can deliver essential packs for the day you move in.

All Wolfson Hall residents will receive a reimbursement of £330 of their accommodation fees. You do not need to do anything, the money should be in your account some weeks after you've moved in. You may choose to spend the money in a bus pass, a bike, or whatever, is up to you!

Best wishes
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Could You Be a Living Support Assistant?

Staying in University Accommodation for session 2016/2017?
    All our residences have fully trained wardens and living support assistants who are available to help other students outwith office hours.

Could you be part of the team? Read On!

Job Purpose
    As a Living Support Assistant you will be part of a team responsible for supporting students in halls to get the best experience from communal living. You will make sure residents enjoy a suitable living environment as well as assist individual students with pastoral support.

Who can apply?
    You should be a registered student/staff at the University of Glasgow.

It’ll be great if you have previous experience of living in student accommodation or dealing with groups of people.

Please note that we'll need you to be in Glasgow by 1st September!

How can I apply?
    You should complete a Living Support Application form and return it to the Accommodation Services office at The Fraser Building, Level 1 or by email to [email protected]

Once we receive your application we will send you an email with further info.

Most interviews will take place around August/September time, but we could call you any time vacancies arise. Not in Glasgow to attend the interview? We’d love to Skype or FaceTime you!

Perks of the job?
    As a Living Support Assistant you will receive a partial rent rebate for the session 2016/2017.

We will provide you with an introductory full training programme and further learning opportunities may arise during your time with us.

Working as part of the Pastoral Team you will develop great interpersonal and team working skills. You will also find solutions to diverse problems and be involved in decision making processes which require a high degree of responsibility. These are all attributes future employers will love to see in your CV!

Any questions?
    Come and see us at The Fraser Building, Level 1, contact us on social media or at [email protected]

For more information visit Living Support

Come and Join the Team! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'll be staying in a large flat at Murano Street and the only thing I couldn't find info about was the bathrooms. Could you tell me something about them, like how many showers and toilets there are?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ary97)
    Hello!

I'll be staying in a large flat at Murano Street and the only thing I couldn't find info about was the bathrooms. Could you tell me something about them, like how many showers and toilets there are?

Thank you.
    Hi Ary97,

Murano Street Student Village has the following distribution:
    Small Flats (3-5 students): 1 shower and 1 toilet
    Large Flats (10-12 students): 2 showers and 2 toilets
    All rooms have a sink.

Moving day is getting closer

Best wishes
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently got an offer through clearing, however because of the 72 hour time frame I don't think I will be able to apply for accommodation in time. Anything you can do to help? Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.