Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What if a person does not meet their firm conditions but they meet their insurance conditions but do not want to go to the insurance uni.Are they allowed to just reject the insurance?
    I'm asking because my insurance is a course that I do not want to do but had to put as my fifth choice.
    I'd really appreciate any help/ advices.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PikaNing)
    What if a person does not meet their firm conditions but they meet their insurance conditions but do not want to go to the insurance uni.Are they allowed to just reject the insurance?
    I'm asking because my insurance is a course that I do not want to do but had to put as my fifth choice.
    You can, put you have to call the university up to do so and this will take time which you could be using to find something in clearing. So really you shouldn't have an insurance you dont like for the sake of having one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PikaNing)
    If you wouldn't go to the insurance, don't accept it. Delays in getting released from it (and it can take several days) could cause you to miss something good in clearing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I suggest you contact the University in the first instance. I think they have the ultimate control to release you from the "contract." By selecting a University as a firm or insurance choice, you agree to enroll in that school, if you meet the conditions. It is a three-way agreement between you, the University and UCAS.

Please post on here your progress, so that others are aware.

Good luck.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.