Turn on thread page Beta

HELP-messed up exams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive now finished my exams. But i have completely messed up two of my geo exams and im sposed to get an A. I basically had a bad day and just cracked under pressure. Im absolutely gutted and wana retake right now!! Im pretty sure i can get an A as the grades have reflected so all year. Im also pretty sure i have a double A in business (Double award) as i already had enough for 2A's before my last exam. So the A in geo is not needed for uni points or anything but can someone give me some advice. Do u think i should resit my geo just on the basis that its wound me up and was important to me???
    And do u reckon i could do this while at uni??

I cant even enjoy my break as im so fed up and troubled by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    Ive now finished my exams. But i have completely messed up two of my geo exams and im sposed to get an A. I basically had a bad day and just cracked under pressure. Im absolutely gutted and wana retake right now!! Im pretty sure i can get an A as the grades have reflected so all year. Im also pretty sure i have a double A in business (Double award) as i already had enough for 2A's before my last exam. So the A in geo is not needed for uni points or anything but can someone give me some advice. Do u think i should resit my geo just on the basis that its wound me up and was important to me???

Some unis let you resit exams whilst there, if not you can always apply independently on some exam boards i think. Also dont panic, you have the grades practically in the bag and whats done is done for the time been, just wait till youve got your results, put everything in perspective and then decide, youve got a month and a half yet before results day. Try and put it to the back of the mind and put it in perspective, yeah, it may be a bad result for you, but it isnt going to be any great shakes if there a uni offer is not dependant on it. Also, you may nt have done as badly as you think, the amount of times ive come out of an exam thinking im stupid and have passed is silly. However, if it is to prove to yourself you are capable then go for it, though if you know now you are capable then the grade in time wil follow. Hope that helps, finally, all the best for your results!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that was really helpful advice. I will try to forget till august the 19th and then decide on how im feeling. Its only 1 possibly 2 units and i know what ive done wrong so maybe will be ok. I know the work really well n its just a case of messed up on the day!! Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i messed up bad time...
    and the worse thin is resitting isnt an option for med.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm only doin gcse but i probally know how u feel lol i've done shockingly awful in my maths exams, my best subject . not like it'll be an issue for taking it alevel or gettin into 6th form, but i cant stop thinkin about it lol, so i'll just ave to wait til results day to find out.

ARGH

ReputationRep:

take a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    yeah i messed up bad time...
    and the worse thin is resitting isnt an option for med.
    I'm in the exact same position, i ****ed bio synoptic up, not because i didn't work, its cause i had a car accident jus before i sat the exam was so shaken up! i am convionced i done absolutely **** in that exam! i to have an offer for med next in september and know i'm not goin to get an A for bio now!

ReputationRep:
    i really don't know what to do, should i contact the uni myself or get my school to or wot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    i really don't know what to do, should i contact the uni myself or get my school to or wot?
    Well a tricky one!! i think you do need to contact the uni. I think maybe you should contact the uni but mention to the school the situation so they can back u up. Ur teachers maybe able to indicate to the uni ur level of ability. Please dont worry about it!!! Ive had a terrible time this year with exams (i taught myself an alevel in a year). What uni did u wana go to??? How have the rest of your exams gone??
    Its very frustrating when uve worked so hard for 2 years and that happens and thats why im gutted!!

ReputationRep:
    Well a tricky one!! i think you do need to contact the uni. I think maybe you should contact the uni but mention to the school the situation so they can back u up. Ur teachers maybe able to indicate to the uni ur level of ability. Please dont worry about it!!! Ive had a terrible time this year with exams (i taught myself an alevel in a year). What uni did u wana go to??? How have the rest of your exams gone??
    Its very frustrating when uve worked so hard for 2 years and that happens and thats why im gutted!!
    By the way how r u feeling now?? Were u hurt??

ReputationRep:
    My gosh in that exact same situation! I messed up one unit out of a possible six but I know its going to be a really low mark and since Im predicted an A, the best, if lucky, that i can hope for now is a B :-(

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know the units ive messed up are gona be to low for me to come out with the A. It really sucks. What are u gona do about urs???

ReputationRep:
    Well I got 262/300 for the AS so I'm hoping that I will at least get a C at A2 which will average out to a B- bugger bugger bugger bugger!
    The worst thing is that my teacher hates me so if i get a B instead of an A she'll love it!

ReputationRep:
    Well i hope u get an A to prove ur teach wrong! This probably wont be necessary but would you consider resitting????

ReputationRep:
    This was A2 mate, i doubt id resit it might mean not goin to uni- and who can stand another year wit momma and poppa ey?
    But I need a miracle to get an A, I'm talking grade boundaries have to go up and everything! eek.

ReputationRep:
    True u dont wana stay home and u definitely wana go to uni!! Mine were A2's too. Im just so gutted but need to get over it and go to uni. I suppose resitting would be really silly for me. Just to prove to myself i can do somthing.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope things work out enough that I don't spend the rest of my life kicking myself for not revising that *one* topic out of 9 bloody topics because that's the one that happened to come up! Come on B!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should try and calm down, and certainly don't let it ruin your summer! You may think you've done badly, when you actually might have got the A that you were hoping for! When I took my Law exams last year, I had been aiming for an A, but thought I'd messed up on the exams and had scraped a B, perhaps. When the results came through, I got As for all three papers, and a score of 281/300. Wait until your results come through before you start worrying! You may be pleasantly surprised.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.