Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I have just found out that I submitted a draft version of my History CA by mistake and have got a D. It was on a memory stick so not sure how it happened.

I got an A for my mock and was striving for an A* and wanted to do it for A level and maybe degree.

Firstly, is there anything I can do do get the correct version accepted and if not, can I re-take it next year?

Thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by cazza0104)
    Hi - I have just found out that I submitted a draft version of my History CA by mistake and have got a D. It was on a memory stick so not sure how it happened.

I got an A for my mock and was striving for an A* and wanted to do it for A level and maybe degree.

Firstly, is there anything I can do do get the correct version accepted and if not, can I re-take it next year?

Thanks!
    I m not sure CAs can be resubmitted with some exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    ok so it turns out he made a 'clerical error' and I got a high B - 75%!! I can still get a A hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    ok so it turns out he made a 'clerical error' and I got a high B - 75%!! I can still get a A hopefully.
    My coursework is on a B... and my mocks were A and I cane out overall with an A overall so smash the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear it turned out ok

What's a clerical error?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _chloeematt)
    My coursework is on a B... and my mocks were A and I cane out overall with an A overall so smash the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah but 75% is an A according to grade boundaries - or they stick with a B for that part of it, rather than lumping the scores together? If you've done your exams you may know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)
    Glad to hear it turned out ok

What's a clerical error?
    Well I assumed I had given in my draft by mistake as that was the grade I got for my draft before I out in hours of effort! Turns out I gave in the correct version and he read the wrong grade. He called it a 'clerical error'....

I just need to make sure he didn't send the wrong result to AQA!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.