Turn on thread page Beta

POLL- GCSE and A-Level in the UK now is harder than in the past? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just say what you think. I think A- Level now is definitely harder than in the past!!!

The questions are so much more complicated and now that there aren't and January exams everything gets so complicated and difficult!!

Who agrees?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1408)
    Just say what you think. I think A- Level now is definitely harder than in the past!!!

The questions are so much more complicated and now that there aren't and January exams everything gets so complicated and difficult!!

Who agrees?
    omg yeah! they are way harder than in the past! I remember when i did GCSE the question were so much harder than in past

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if A level now is harder than it was say 20 years ago, but its definitely harder than it was like 5 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    the papers have progressively got a little harder in the past 5 years, and the system is slowly moving to a linear one, so to a certain extent, yes.

Probably in the 90s it was harder though... it's hard to say as I've only seen papers from around 2000 earliest.

ReputationRep:
    This is a difficult question for any of us to answer, as very few of us will have sat any really old papers which limits this thread to "have GCSEs and A Levels gotten harder over the last 5-10 years" which is a relatively short period. Personally I would have to disagree, I can't say I've ever found any overall trend in the difficulty of the papers I've done.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.