The Student Room Group

Was my dad right to react like this?

I asked him for 5p this morning to complete my bus fare and he hit the roof, moaning about how I should have my own money and I won't cope in uni if I go around asking people for 5p (which obviously wouldn't happen). Withdrawing cash from my debit card (there's only £20 notes available and being charged £1.50) and having to look for a shop to get some change would've made me even later, surely, and it was obviously easier to just ask your dad for 5p as a one off?

Was he right to flip?
Reply 1
No he's a moron who enjoys taking things out on his children.

Aka a father
Maybe he wanted to buy a plastic bag from Waitrose?
Reply 3
No.

He was probably stressed and took it out on you.

Or perhaps he really values his pennies. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by whorace
No he's a moron who enjoys taking things out on his children.

Aka a father

Someone got abused as a child.....

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
I asked him for 5p this morning to complete my bus fare and he hit the roof, moaning about how I should have my own money and I won't cope in uni if I go around asking people for 5p (which obviously wouldn't happen). Withdrawing cash from my debit card (there's only £20 notes available and being charged £1.50) and having to look for a shop to get some change would've made me even later, surely, and it was obviously easier to just ask your dad for 5p as a one off?

Was he right to flip?

Definitely not. Maybe you asked him at the wrong "moment"
Reply 6
Original post by MakeWay
Someone got abused as a child.....

Spoiler

Lol my fathers fine, a bit of a whiner though, it's just a lot of parents can't handle the stress so do things like this.
Reply 7
Original post by ODES_PDES
Definitely not. Maybe you asked him at the wrong "moment"

He said I should've prepared my bus fare the day earlier and I guess there's some truth in that but I was hardly asking him for a fiver. Just a few coppers, which I would've thought is a natural and small part of daily life.
he is not the full shilling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending