Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I thought that was pretty hard.

Putting the game theory solution into a simplex tableau will cause problems and order book Dynamic programming questions are the hardest type.

having a negative slack variable in the simplex question was very weird too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)

Putting the game theory solution into a simplex tableau will cause problems and order book Dynamic programming questions are the hardest type.

Edexcel have been horrible this year with their exams after last years easy exams. i even found s2 hard!

(Original post by alexthompson1998)
    Edexcel have been horrible this year with their exams after last years easy exams. i even found s2 hard!
    Other than Core 4 which I thought was okay (ish) most of them have been harder this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Other than Core 4 which I thought was okay (ish) most of them have been harder this year.
    its always reassuring after an exam to hear that tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)

Can you predict the grade boundaries please?

ReputationRep:
    any grade boundaries ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny5263)
    any grade boundaries ideas?
    I was thinking around 67 for an A* and 60 for an A. It was a hard paper but would be surprised if they were any lower

ReputationRep:
    The paper was easy except for the last question, idk why last years paper had high grade boundaries, personally i found that more harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    I was thinking around 67 for an A* and 60 for an A. It was a hard paper but would be surprised if they were any lower
    What do you think 40/75 would get me?

ReputationRep:
    I got a negative improvement index when asked if T was optimal. I think it was the cell D3 and was -1, Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna096)
    I got a negative improvement index when asked if T was optimal. I think it was the cell D3 and was -1, Anyone else?
    I think i got a -2 in cell B3 but there was another negative i got was a -1 cant remember which cell.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else run out of time, or am I in the minority? Got up to three-quarters through Q7. a)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8752)
    For the question on game theory when it asked you to formulate it as a linear programming problem (the question before you had to put it in the simplex) did it say write your answer as inequalities or equalities??
    It said write them as equations so you had to include slack variables

ReputationRep:
    When finding the second theta value , which was 11, did anyone get the "cycle"? So when you basically make a square / rectangle out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historygcse)
    When finding the second theta value , which was 11, did anyone get the "cycle"? So when you basically make a square / rectangle out of it
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    Yep.
    And for the first theta value, 3, no cycle? It just carried on until the end, right?

ReputationRep:
    And for the first theta value, 3, no cycle? It just carried on until the end, right?
    Please reply , thanks

ReputationRep:
    Please reply , thanks
    Yes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very generous paper, except dynamic programming, I'm pretty sure I got the final solution right, but lost some marks on other parts of the table. That really went well considering I revised for 1 day.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't set the constraints up as equations, so I didn't add slack variables to it in the formulation of the game theory. How many marks will this drop me? I did however add the slack variables in setting the tableau up, believe I've got that fully right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.