Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol learnt Ch 1 and simplex tableu so far.
    What normally carries the most marks in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can be skimpy on a lot of stuff but Dynamic Programming and Game Theory tend to be quite hench mark-wise.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers lads much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers lads much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you only start learning it now or what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fpmaniac)
    Did you only start learning it now or what
    Yeh did abit of Ch 1 yesterday. Then been doing it since afternoon today lol.
    Gna be a fun noght. Probably wont sleep tonight mast exam. Need a C to get A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh did abit of Ch 1 yesterday. Then been doing it since afternoon today lol.
    Gna be a fun noght. Probably wont sleep tonight mast exam. Need a C to get A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What book you got? The D2 book (not the heinmann one) is easier imo but too late now i guess. Also, how can you get an A* with a C in D2

ReputationRep:
    What book you got? The D2 book (not the heinmann one) is easier imo but too late now i guess. Also, how can you get an A* with a C in D2
    I got the normal edexcel one massive fat ting.
    Well majority of my pures FP and mechanics are at 100 or near 100 (bar m5 which i probs got 80) so i need a low grade for a third A* in AFM. Which is what i need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got the normal edexcel one massive fat ting.
    Well majority of my pures FP and mechanics are at 100 or near 100 (bar m5 which i probs got 80) so i need a low grade for a third A* in AFM. Which is what i need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need 90%+ average in your A2 units to get A*. So I would aim for higher in D2 if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    You need 90%+ average in your A2 units to get A*. So I would aim for higher in D2 if I were you.
    No you don't. You need 270/300 in 3 A2 modules for FM and AFM.
    I have 95 FP2 100 M2 FP3 96 or skmething done last year
    This year 100 M3/4 and a minimum of a B in S3/M5 so no i don't need higher in D2 as I meet the A* criteria I just have to meet the 480 UMS overall criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No you don't. You need 270/300 in 3 A2 modules for FM and AFM.
    I have 95 FP2 100 M2 FP3 96 or skmething done last year
    This year 100 M3/4 and a minimum of a B in S3/M5 so no i don't need higher in D2 as I meet the A* criteria I just have to meet the 480 UMS overall criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but I said 90% assuming you are only doing 3 A2 modules. Why are you doing 6 A2 modules?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I said 90% assuming you are only doing 3 A2 modules. Why are you doing 6 A2 modules?
    Because I am doing further additional maths so I end up doing all the modules for each unit.
    A thrud a level in maths that is ontop of maths and further maths so rearranging becomes rather nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Asurat)
    If you're given a network it's normally straightforward. I don't know if this is too helpful but:
    Otherwise Stage is normally either

Option 1
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Stage- The product to be considered
    State- The number of units available to be allocated
    Action- Number of units allocated
    Destination- Number of units remaining

Option 2
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Stage-Month/year Starting from the last month
    State- Number of units in storage
    Action- Number of units allocated
    Destination- Number of units remaining
    Are these the only two?

ReputationRep:
    If you have a degenerate solution, do you have to fill a 0 into one of the cells before beginning the stepping-stone method? And if so, which cell do you choose? I know it makes no impact on initial cost, but surely it would make a difference when you're working out the improvement indices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxixbl)
    We're on the same page hahah, you resitting fp1?
    definitely next year

ReputationRep:
    Lol.
    Have you done past papers? I hardly have
    all of them and some of the aqa and old spec ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    If you have a degenerate solution, do you have to fill a 0 into one of the cells before beginning the stepping-stone method? And if so, which cell do you choose? I know it makes no impact on initial cost, but surely it would make a difference when you're working out the improvement indices?
    doesnt matter which one

ReputationRep:
    Also, if I got 98 in FP1, 87 in S1, 98 in S2, 92 in S3, and 65 in FP2, am I right in saying that I need 80 UMS on this exam to get the A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    doesnt matter which one
    <3 ty

ReputationRep:
    Anyone quick....... Page 156 D2 book, why do they add 4 to every value in the game

ReputationRep:
    Anyone quick....... Page 156 D2 book, why do they add 4 to every value in the game
    Because all the elements have to be > 0. -3 is the most negative element so therefore 4 has to be added. It's just part of the method.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, you've just finished your D2 paper with 15 minutes left to spare, which question to do want to double check through thoroughly if you only have time for one?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.