Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i am in lower sixth and one of the A levels i am doing is health and social care. as part of our course we are going a part which is coursework and one of the people i know in the class is copying, im 100% sure she has her cousins portfolio and is using this to do her work so i was wondering if the exam board will notice this plagiarism because it is annoying that others including me are putting so much effort and time into out course work and all she has to do is copy her work, so should i tell the teacher or will she get what she deserves?

(Original post by Tai_1999)
    Okay so i am in lower sixth and one of the A levels i am doing is health and social care. as part of our course we are going a part which is coursework and one of the people i know in the class is copying, im 100% sure she has her cousins portfolio and is using this to do her work so i was wondering if the exam board will notice this plagiarism because it is annoying that others including me are putting so much effort and time into out course work and all she has to do is copy her work, so should i tell the teacher or will she get what she deserves?
    Most of these places have software that tells the tutors what percentage of a piece of work is likely to be plagiarised. You might as well save your effort for getting your own work done.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing you will ever learn in sixth form is to stop looking at what everyone else is doing and focus on yourself. She will get what she deserves if the exam board notices but even if she does get away with it and goes to uni/work, she will have no idea what to do simply because she never did it herself! At one point or another it will all come back to her so you don't need to be the one to help this, it will eventually get her. Now focus on reaching your goals and doing your work to the best of my ability and this is the best revenge you can give, as she will see you succeed.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.