Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does a mature undergrade student (25) stand a chance with men aged 30-35? Watch

Not sure if this the right forum to post this on but here we go. I've not had much luck dating on campus. Even a lot of the younger girls can't find a boyfriend as all people seem to do is hook up. I've always preferred older men and found them really sexy :sexface: I was thinking of trying to meet some on line and at meet up groups but I'm scared they will put off by my student status and not take me seriously. I am going into my second year next year but I'm ready to settle down and for something serious, so how do I convey this?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so how do I convey this?
    By telling them?

ReputationRep:
    Try meeting people at events for people of similar interests. Go to grad student events. Be interesting and interested, and you'll be fine...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes you stand a chance, but be prepared to kiss a lot of frogs. A lot of them will just want sex a lot of them will be married or have a gf, a lot of them will be single for a reason. Just do your due diligence and get used to spotting and being able to say no to those who dont offer what you are looking for. probably best not to say all the settle down, but jeust get to know them for the first few dates. You cna say it in your profile if you wish.

Think about which site or app you use and compare that through meeting people in a shared activity/ interest. You shouldnt have any trouble attracting, but I guess its attracting the right type.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dating a man with a similar age gap and circumstances, he has been working for a decade, owns his own house etc. I am a student. We have many shared interest cooking, yoga, travel etc. I met him online after talking for a few weeks we met and hit it off, take care as some people are single for a reason at 30+ , others may be married etc, but thats the same with young guys too. Any yes a mature man is more sexy to me too, its the life experience which does it for me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.