Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UK, man arrested for confronting random Muslim in the street, Croydon Watch

ReputationRep:
    The OP mirrors my own sentiments on such matters. The establishment is attempting to pervert and undermine hard won British values/international rights and freedoms like freedom of expression and enquiry, in a desperate attempt to 'control the chaos'. This, at a time when Muslims are also murdering fellow Muslims for daring to acknowledge Christian festivals. Dark days lie ahead unless we resist the thought police!

(Original post by queen-bee)
    We can't hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a few
    Indeed we cannot, however we can look to, and question, the nature of their shared ideology/brotherhood, and the public does need/struggle to understand the unique challenge posed by the madness of (radical) Islam. His comments were uncouth and unwarranted, but I empathise with both parties involved in this incident. I hope he apologises to the woman and also gets an apology from the authorities when he is cleared of this BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    The OP mirrors my own sentiments on such matters. The establishment is attempting to pervert and undermine hard won British values/international rights and freedoms like freedom of expression and enquiry, in a desperate attempt to 'control the chaos'. Dark days lie ahead unless we resist the thought police!

Indeed we cannot, however we can look to, and question, the nature of their shared ideology/brotherhood, and the public does need/struggle to understand the unique challenge posed by the madness of (radical) Islam. His comments were uncouth and unwarranted, but I empathise with both parties involved in this incident. I hope he apologises to the woman and also gets an apology from the authorities when he is cleared
    He doesn't deserve an apology. Nobody asked him to harass this woman.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't deserve an apology
    Wrongly arrested for a trumped up charge that could have massive ramifications for him. I'd say an apology was due, at the very least

Nobody asked him to harass this woman
    1) He was not arrested for harassment :facepalm2:

2) Seen no evidence to suggest that his behaviour necessarily constituted harassment under UK law at any rate :holmes:

3) 62% of Muslims in Britain believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups. Don't be just another statistic, love :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Wrongly arrested for a trumped up charge that could have massive ramifications for him. I'd say an apology was due, at the very least

1) He was not arrested for harassment :facepalm2:

2) Suggest you look up what constitutes harassment under UK law :yy:

3) 62% of Muslims in Britain believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups. Don't be just another statistic, love :erm:
    Hopefully it'll make him think twice next time before approaching another innocent person on the street. I know he wasn't arrested for harassment but his actions have consequences,hopefully that's a lesson learnt

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it'll make him think twice next time before approaching another innocent person on the street
    No-one has the right to gag other members of the public honey, and no group in society is 'off limits' when it comes to public discourse. Please understand, the UK is a free country

hopefully that's a lesson learnt
    Agreed, albeit that the law is not there to teach people lessons through improper arrests (indeed this sort of thing is often cited as a reason for non-cooperation with the authorities by members of minority groups) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I confronted a man who confronted a Muslim woman. I asked him to explain his actions. He said "Nothing to do with me."

A mealy mouthed response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    I confronted a man who confronted a Muslim woman. I asked him to explain his actions. He said "Nothing to do with me."

A mealy mouthed response.
    That would be more of a lie, than a mealy mouthed response, in fact, but.. points for effort

In other news: The charges have been dropped - as predicted: 'CPS tells Met' they had NO right to charge'

ReputationRep:
    the guy sounds like a ****, its good the police speak to him. you wouldnt confront a german and ask him to explain hitler, or a white english male and ask him to explain jimmy saville

there is an issue within islamic society to deal with the spread of bad ideology, but this random woman is not the person to confront, its the shieikhs imamas and clerics that spread the doctrines

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.