Anyone else feel their parent's are not understanding of their exams? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently studying law at uni and havecome home for the Easter break. I am spending literally every hour I canstudying for exams and so when I can'tclean the house for my parents they have a go at me. They have no concept ofthe amount of work i have to do and how much reading I have. It stresses me out so much. They treat is asjust an excuse so I can sit in my room. They are also very strict asian parents and evolve everything around studies, yet when I am studying I get told I am using it as an excuse? I amreally struggling with my degree and just can't deal with the added stress!

Anyone else feel their parents don't understand their workload?
Anonymous #1
*sorry about the typos
dmy15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am currently studying law at uni and havecome home for the Easter break. I am spending literally every hour I canstudying for exams and so when I can'tclean the house for my parents they have a go at me. They have no concept ofthe amount of work i have to do and how much reading I have. It stresses me out so much. They treat is asjust an excuse so I can sit in my room. They are also very strict asian parents and evolve everything around studies, yet when I am studying I get told I am using it as an excuse? I amreally struggling with my degree and just can't deal with the added stress!

Anyone else feel their parents don't understand their workload?
loool same here, I'm Nigerian
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Dont go home and stay at uni or go out and study at the library all day.
Doesnt seem like tlaking to them will work.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Dont go home and stay at uni or go out and study at the library all day.
Doesnt seem like tlaking to them will work.

But then if I didn't come home they would have complained and said I don't care about my family
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But then if I didn't come home they would have complained and said I don't care about my family
Your exams are what matter, they cna moan at you after.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads