Turn on thread page Beta

What does it feel like to be Muslim and see all the Islamophobic posts on here? watch

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel to be a Muslim and see this constant flood of anti-Islamic propaganda?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Muslim but I wonder how Muslim women are treated at school etc..must be hard for them with all these attacks going on

ReputationRep:
    Depends on location, my college has mostly asians pakistani and blacks and they all get on really well.

And to the op, well its a matter of belief, the muslims believe there religion is right, God brought down the Quran, a message to a messenger to worship God, his our creator, without him we wouldnt be here. If God was to just reveal himself we would all submit to him except for a few people, I know thats a lame argument but there is a little point to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Yes because in all of this the real victims are of course Muslims.
    There are no "real" or "fake" victims.

It is not a game. It is not a competition and neither is it something that you can use to push your Islamophobic agenda down people's throats.

I accept that people in the world don't have the same religious beliefs as me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)

It is not a game. It is not a competition and neither is it something that you can use to push your Islamophobic agenda down people's throats.
    funny you address that to me rather than those who are claiming they are the real victims in all of this

ReputationRep:
    Islamophobic
    What a stupid and meaningless word.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well my race is the minority in my area (bearing in my mind I'm white) so I don't know about Muslims that live around me.
    But I'm sure that in more white areas, there must be more hatred toward Islam...

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel to be an indigenous Briton and see this constant flood of Islam apologists' propaganda?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Muslim but yeah, must be kinda hard, but then again, haters gonna hate and you should never waste your time on these islamophobic airheads. Life's too short for that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Muslim girl. Don't cover my hair or anything. Some people haven't even thought about me being a Muslim because I don't look like one. It is hard I live in an area where there are 80% of people who are not Muslim and not from an Asian background. It's horrible I'll be sat in class and someone says "oh I hate Muslims" and I don't just sit there thinking to myself "here we go again" but I'll tell them I'm one and that I've done nothing wrong and that I disagree with every single thing that those terrorists have done. And then they will realise that all Muslims aren't bad. I just think people need to be educated on it and stop thinking that it's all Muslims and that people such as Isis have got the whole concept of Islam wrong. I know for a fact if all this **** goes on it may be hard for me to get a job. But I'm not too sure though

I'm lucky no one has said anything directly addressed at me. Cause that would hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It proves that we are the real victims of terror attacks. People claim their liberty and rights and way of life is under attack, when in actual fact it is our lives and freedoms which are.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you winking at me? Do you think victims are a matter to be joked about?

Or do you just have a nervous tic?

The OED doesn't seem to think so, and frankly, they are more qualified than you are.
    I think by "Islamophobia", he means criticism of Islam rather than criticism of Muslims, and I wouldn't even say that it would be in poor taste to criticise Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Yes because in all of this the real victims are of course Muslims.
    *innocent Muslims who don't go blowing people up.

ReputationRep:
    160+ racially motivated murders of innocent europeans within the last 4 months.

Thousands of cases of Widespread gang rapings, devaluing and dehumanizing 12 year old girls.

The hate on Islam is not racism, it is a reaction to the outrageous acts that have become increasingly widespread, and basically part of the baggage that comes with having Islam in Europe.

Most overly Politically correct lefties will chose to take no action in the fear of 'offending' Islamics. This will probably result in terrorists blowing a train up in London, as no action will have been taken to get to the root of the problem.

The left wing culture has blood on it's hands due to it's delusional ideology over ridiculous over acceptance, scared to offend those who NEED offending.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe that people should be blamed for the actions of the minority. That said, extremists don't seem to be all that rare and even moderate Muslims seem to tacitly support them. Either that or they're scared to say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    I find it astonishing that a cult that venerates a genocidal warlord from the 7th century feels it deserves respect. True, misguided individuals deserve sympathy - and there are millions that do seem to have a huge disconnect from the evil ideology of Islam, but I do not see how it is possible for a reasonable person to be Islamophobic (which implies an irrational fear).
    How is Islam a cult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The OED doesn't seem to think so, and frankly, they are more qualified than you are.
    It is meaningless in the sense that it bundles hate of the religion and hate of religious followers together. So someone who attacks muslims and someone who criticises Islam are bundled into the same category..

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me at all because TSR is not representative of the general public (thank god). I just find it funny how it's always the same non-Muslim posters arguing and fighting over Islam. :lol:
    Same ****, different day really. :yawn:

ReputationRep:

The opinions of Muslims and other minority groups seem to matter more than the majority though. We aren't allowed to say anything remotely negative about a group - even if it's just the plain ugly truth - or we are called bigots. It shuts down free speech and causes resentment; that's why people are becoming more xenophobic. It really is making matters worse.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.