Turn on thread page Beta

What does it feel like to be Muslim and see all the Islamophobic posts on here? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Well great job on making it clear what your analogy even refers to
    It seems you may be suffering from some comprehension skills.

If the analogy can somehow help Muslims understand why some people may have trust issues then it may have some merit..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by williever)

If the analogy can somehow help Muslims understand why some people may have trust issues then it may have some merit..
    And therefore my response still applies to this.

You can't treat this as a one-dimensional problem, it's not as simple as 'some Muslims are poisoned sweets, some aren't'.

ReputationRep:
    How can you spot a muslim male? Difficult eh ?
    OP muslim women are the true warriors. :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    How does it feel to be an indigenous Briton and see this constant flood of Islam apologists' propaganda?
    Not fully agree but you have a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    How does it feel to be an indigenous Briton and see this constant flood of Islam apologists' propaganda?
    It's worse to see this flood of hate-speech apologists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    And therefore my response still applies to this.

You can't treat this as a one-dimensional problem, it's not as simple as 'some Muslims are poisoned sweets, some aren't'.
    I did clearly state it was only a simple analogy.

So would you take one then? You can take two if you'd like, save one for later eh

ReputationRep:
    I just don't get why the world decides to bash 1.6 Billion Muslims, when they too sympathize with the victims of these attacks, just because of the ignorant actions of these very few extremists.

ReputationRep:
    I did clearly state it was only a simple analogy.

So would you take one then? You can take two if you'd like, save one for later eh
    It was a misleading analogy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Genghis Khan)
    islamaphobia is not a thing, isn't it perfectly rational to have a fear of islam????
    When people say islamaphobia, they tend to mean Muslim bigotry/discrimination/ rash generalization. I think with all the **** that's happening around the world, as well as all the bias the media is feeding the public, I myself would understand individuals having some sort of fear of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I feel normal in all honesty, at times though you do sense a little tension or get the odd stare but other than that never had a problem. I just think the media blows things out of proportion and social media is generally full of haters because it gives them a platform to present their views without getting in trouble. I work with non-muslim people everyday and we get on very well.

ReputationRep:
    Life is normal.
    People cant tell if im muslim or not. I Guess only people from my ethnicity can tell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceberger)
    I feel normal in all honesty, at times though you do sense a little tension or get the odd stare but other than that never had a problem. I just think the media blows things out of proportion and social media is generally full of haters because it gives them a platform to present their views without getting in trouble. I work with non-muslim people everyday and we get on very well.
    Oh yeah! That's what I like to hear.

I laughed.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.