Turn on thread page Beta

Received verbal offer over the phone 2 weeks ago, no written contract yet.. watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says 2 weeks ago (the day after my final interview) I was told on the phone that the company would like to take me on board and make me an offer. It's a pretty big company, and the recruitment process was very demanding.

I sent the person in charge of recruitment an e-mail (who held the assessment days and gave me the verbal offer) yesterday and haven't got a reply. I tried calling them at 5 (after finishing lectures) but nobody answered so I assumed they had finished work.

What are the chances that they no longer want to give me the offer? The process had several stages and they always took longer than other companies between the stages (e.g. let me know I passed to the final stage a week and a half after my assessment center). I let them know that I had a few other assessment days going on so they told me I had the offer the next day and that I don't need to attend any more assessment days for other companies.

Am I getting snaked or just being paranoid? Has anyone ever gotten an offer on the phone then rejected before given a written contract?

ReputationRep:
    I once waited over three weeks for a verbal offer to progress to a written offer, meanwhile I received a better offer and told the company I was still waiting for that I was no longer interested. Their loss.

It'll probably turn up eventually, but until you have it in writing, assume your job search is ongoing and don't drop out from other applications.

ReputationRep:
    Pffft I had a wait like a month after a verbal was given just to get a contract. I was already in a job so wasnt too fussed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.