Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello please can anyone help me? After weeks of calling sfe to be updated on my next payment (due 11th April) I've finally been informed that I am still due to revive the loan but I will only receive £30 grants. (Originally estimated at £3,00) I have 3 children who will need to attend childcare, this term is particularly important as I have 3 weeks of early morning revision sessions and in 5 weeks time my end of year exams start, all of which I need additional childcare to attend.

They have said that due to my application being based on estimates if they continue payments they will over pay me ( had it all first 2 terms) but the only estimates they ever received were for the first month when I didn't know my timetable, as soon as I did I sent a new form with actual costs filled out by my childcare provider. All other forms have been accurate not estimates.

The loan payment will just cover my youngest a basic day care and leave me with nothing, plus I will not be able to afford morning care or care for my other two. I've completed nearly a year and this is making me consider dropping out, I can't see how I can carry on if I can't sit the exams I will fail the year anyway.

I have appealed but by the time the decision is made my exams will be over, I can't even begin to think about revision with this hanging over me, so stressed out by it all. Has this happened to anyone else? 😢
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Sam81284)
    Hello please can anyone help me? After weeks of calling sfe to be updated on my next payment (due 11th April) I've finally been informed that I am still due to revive the loan but I will only receive £30 grants. (Originally estimated at £3,00) I have 3 children who will need to attend childcare, this term is particularly important as I have 3 weeks of early morning revision sessions and in 5 weeks time my end of year exams start, all of which I need additional childcare to attend.

They have said that due to my application being based on estimates if they continue payments they will over pay me ( had it all first 2 terms) but the only estimates they ever received were for the first month when I didn't know my timetable, as soon as I did I sent a new form with actual costs filled out by my childcare provider. All other forms have been accurate not estimates.

The loan payment will just cover my youngest a basic day care and leave me with nothing, plus I will not be able to afford morning care or care for my other two. I've completed nearly a year and this is making me consider dropping out, I can't see how I can carry on if I can't sit the exams I will fail the year anyway.

I have appealed but by the time the decision is made my exams will be over, I can't even begin to think about revision with this hanging over me, so stressed out by it all. Has this happened to anyone else? 😢
    Speak to your university student funds/support office. You're very likely to be eligible for hardship funding if you apply.

ReputationRep:
    The uni have said they may be able to help. Just need to apply. I can cover few weeks but no way will cover whole term.😕 It's stress I don't need at exam time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.