Turn on thread page Beta

Can i get an A or B in English Literature?????? watch

ReputationRep:
    so my coursework is at a high C which is worth 25% , what mark roughly would i need in paper 1( out of 68) and paper 2 (out of 54) to achieve an A or B overall? This is AQA english btw.

Im hoping to attain an A* with a low A in my coursework. Firstly, what mark did you get in the coursework? You will need 80%/70% UMS overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Im hoping to attain an A* with a low A in my coursework. Firstly, what mark did you get in the coursework? You will need 80%/70% UMS overall.
    I'm not sure, but I know 35 is a B so I'm guessing around 33-34.

ReputationRep:
    So can I still get minimum B?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hijake your post - I got 30/40 for my history CA and I wanted an A* - is the achievable? My teacher says that it's a B. Thanks for any help!

(Original post by ameenatariq)
    I'm not sure, but I know 35 is a B so I'm guessing around 33-34.
    The coursework is out of 40,with 35 an A*, 33 an A.. so an C is 25? Idk are you doing english literature A ?

(Original post by cazza0104)
    Sorry to hijake your post - I got 30/40 for my history CA and I wanted an A* - is the achievable? My teacher says that it's a B. Thanks for any help!
    Can you make it less susceptible and provide your exam board? Aqa history B or A ?

ReputationRep:
    The coursework is out of 40,with 35 an A*, 33 an A.. so an C is 25? Idk are you doing english literature A ?
    Oh sorry yeah 25 is a C, I made a mistake!!! 😬

Oh sorry yeah 25 is a C, I made a mistake!!! 😬
    Well you got 34 UMS, and its out of 200 so 200 - 34 = 166UMS. However for an A:
    You need 160/200 for an A and thus 40 + 34 = 74 (from 200) = 126. From both exams this is 63 in each. So an A is still possible, and B is deffo! You need an A* in one exam, and a A in the other/b for an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    Well you got 34 UMS, and its out of 200 so 200 - 34 = 166UMS. However for an A:
    You need 160/200 for an A and thus 40 + 34 = 74 (from 200) = 126. From both exams this is 63 in each. So an A is still possible, and B is deffo! You need an A* in one exam, and a A in the other/b for an A overall.
    Okay what about if I get an A in both exams? What will I get overall then?? I'm happy with a B anyway though

Okay what about if I get an A in both exams? What will I get overall then?? I'm happy with a B anyway though
    Yes, because thats 35 + 63 + 72 = 170 which is an A.

ReputationRep:
    i got a D in my coursework (shakespeare will be the death of me) but got A's in both of my exams. I ended up with a B so I wouldnt worry if i was you :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because thats 35 + 63 + 72 = 170 which is an A.
    Okay thanks for helping me!! Really want an A but it will be unlikely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patronusleviosa)
    i got a D in my coursework (shakespeare will be the death of me) but got A's in both of my exams. I ended up with a B so I wouldnt worry if i was you :-)
    Thanks for the hope!

Okay thanks for helping me!! Really want an A but it will be unlikely!
    Its not! Revise now! Inshallah you'll get it.

ReputationRep:
    It'a AQA B unit 1 & 2. According to further info from my teacher even if i'd got full marks in my CA i would still need 87% in exams to get an A*! So sadly seems out of reach to me now.

Can you make it less susceptible and provide your exam board? Aqa history B or A ?

ReputationRep:
    I also got 25 on my controlled assessment :/
    Im wondering if,say I got A*s in both exams, you would know what result would I get? Literature is one of my best subjects but because I was foolish enough to not care in year 10 I think that has destroyed my opportunity for an A*

ReputationRep:
    Inshallah!!!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.