Can i get an A or B in English Literature??????

Watch
ameenatariq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
so my coursework is at a high C which is worth 25% , what mark roughly would i need in paper 1( out of 68) and paper 2 (out of 54) to achieve an A or B overall? This is AQA english btw.
Oblivion99
Badges: 9
Report 4 years ago
Im hoping to attain an A* with a low A in my coursework. Firstly, what mark did you get in the coursework? You will need 80%/70% UMS overall.
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oblivion99)
Im hoping to attain an A* with a low A in my coursework. Firstly, what mark did you get in the coursework? You will need 80%/70% UMS overall.
I'm not sure, but I know 35 is a B so I'm guessing around 33-34.
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
So can I still get minimum B?
cazza0104
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry to hijake your post - I got 30/40 for my history CA and I wanted an A* - is the achievable? My teacher says that it's a B. Thanks for any help!
Oblivion99
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ameenatariq)
I'm not sure, but I know 35 is a B so I'm guessing around 33-34.
The coursework is out of 40,with 35 an A*, 33 an A.. so an C is 25? Idk are you doing english literature A ?
Oblivion99
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cazza0104)
Sorry to hijake your post - I got 30/40 for my history CA and I wanted an A* - is the achievable? My teacher says that it's a B. Thanks for any help!
Can you make it less susceptible and provide your exam board? Aqa history B or A ?
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
The coursework is out of 40,with 35 an A*, 33 an A.. so an C is 25? Idk are you doing english literature A ?
Oh sorry yeah 25 is a C, I made a mistake!!! 😬
Oblivion99
Report 4 years ago
Oh sorry yeah 25 is a C, I made a mistake!!! 😬
Well you got 34 UMS, and its out of 200 so 200 - 34 = 166UMS. However for an A:
You need 160/200 for an A and thus 40 + 34 = 74 (from 200) = 126. From both exams this is 63 in each. So an A is still possible, and B is deffo! You need an A* in one exam, and a A in the other/b for an A overall.
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
Well you got 34 UMS, and its out of 200 so 200 - 34 = 166UMS. However for an A:
You need 160/200 for an A and thus 40 + 34 = 74 (from 200) = 126. From both exams this is 63 in each. So an A is still possible, and B is deffo! You need an A* in one exam, and a A in the other/b for an A overall.
Okay what about if I get an A in both exams? What will I get overall then?? I'm happy with a B anyway though
Oblivion99
Report 4 years ago
Okay what about if I get an A in both exams? What will I get overall then?? I'm happy with a B anyway though
Yes, because thats 35 + 63 + 72 = 170 which is an A.
patronusleviosa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i got a D in my coursework (shakespeare will be the death of me) but got A's in both of my exams. I ended up with a B so I wouldnt worry if i was you :-)
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
Yes, because thats 35 + 63 + 72 = 170 which is an A.
Okay thanks for helping me!! Really want an A but it will be unlikely!
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
(Original post by patronusleviosa)
i got a D in my coursework (shakespeare will be the death of me) but got A's in both of my exams. I ended up with a B so I wouldnt worry if i was you :-)
Thanks for the hope!
Oblivion99
Report 4 years ago
Okay thanks for helping me!! Really want an A but it will be unlikely!
Its not! Revise now! Inshallah you'll get it.
cazza0104
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It'a AQA B unit 1 & 2. According to further info from my teacher even if i'd got full marks in my CA i would still need 87% in exams to get an A*! So sadly seems out of reach to me now.

Can you make it less susceptible and provide your exam board? Aqa history B or A ?
username2219677
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also got 25 on my controlled assessment :/
Im wondering if,say I got A*s in both exams, you would know what result would I get? Literature is one of my best subjects but because I was foolish enough to not care in year 10 I think that has destroyed my opportunity for an A*
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
Inshallah!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (719)
41.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise