Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been spoken to in a deeply insulting and disrespectful manner? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just did, and my parents brought me up to be extremely respectful, especially to elders. I find that some people didn't get taught that growing up, and I find that it is in fact huge levels of disrespect exists in adults, namely TEACHERS that need to learn some respect. Practice what you preach.

I spoke to a teacher (who I've never spoken to before) who made ridiculously insulting remarks about areas in my life she knew nothing about, she called me "rude" for sticking up for myself, and in fact she was the most childish brat I've ever come into contact with.

Share your experiences with rude and disgusting people. Make me feel better, please!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    yep, people do it all the time lol especially one person who is always rude about my voice
    usually just ignore it but i did explode once and told them to **** off (wasn't a teacher that time lol xD)
    and yes teachers are the worst for it tbh :/ you give them respect but they don't give it back often :hugs: xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I just did, and my parents brought me up to be extremely respectful, especially to elders. I find that some people didn't get taught that growing up, and I find that it is in fact huge levels of disrespect exists in adults, namely TEACHERS that need to learn some respect. Practice what you preach.

I spoke to a teacher (who I've never spoken to before) who made ridiculously insulting remarks about areas in my life she knew nothing about, she called me "rude" for sticking up for myself, and in fact she was the most childish brat I've ever come into contact with.

Share your experiences with rude and disgusting people. Make me feel better, please!
    All the time. I work for the NHS and the patients who attend the hospital where I work are some of the rudest people I have ever met. They are patronising, impatient and sometimes downright insulting. I have to bite my tongue sometimes

ReputationRep:
    I was at work once, and some Somali woman saw my uniform and literally went upto me and was like, "Oh you're working with your cousins then are you?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    yep, people do it all the time lol especially one person who is always rude about my voice
    usually just ignore it but i did explode once and told them to **** off (wasn't a teacher that time lol xD)
    and yes teachers are the worst for it tbh :/ you give them respect but they don't give it back often :hugs: xxx
    I hate rude people, especially rude people that call you rude?! THE IRONY! HOW AM I RUDE? YOU'RE SHOUTING IN MY EAR AND I'M RUDE?!!!!

I wanted to explode, I did explode in a respectful manner. I told her she was being "silly" and she took that to a whole new level of being insulted. I don't evennnn KNOW YOU!! After the things she said to me, that was hardly an insult.

omg omg omg omg I need to calm!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Yeah, very frequently.
    Mostly by you, kudiye!

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I work in a cafe so this is a regular occurrence lol, I remember this woman once came up to once and jabbed me in my back to get my attention, some people really need to learn some manners

ReputationRep:
    I have yes, only by one person close to me. It was enough to convince the rest of my friends never to do it again :lol:

ReputationRep:

Really?

Teachers of all people should know better than to resort to personal digs.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about deeply insulting, but there is a teacher who really digs at me in every opportunity she can find. She does it in a way that means she won't get in trouble for it, but she is quite rude and disrespectful and it irks me. I think because I stick up for myself and I'm quite expressive, she keeps going for me.

Best thing to do for me is to smile at her, then subconsciouly roll my eyes and think how childish she is. Its not worth making it worse for yourself, so ignore the teacher as best as you can. If things get out of your hands, then speak to someone higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    All the time. I work for the NHS and the patients who attend the hospital where I work are some of the rudest people I have ever met. They are patronising, impatient and sometimes downright insulting. I have to bite my tongue sometimes
    That's sad, it makes me sad to hear that. Why do we live in a world where such an unappreciative, disrespectful, rude people exist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han-)
    I'm not sure about deeply insulting, but there is a teacher who really digs at me in every opportunity she can find. She does it in a way that means she won't get in trouble for it, but she is quite rude and disrespectful and it irks me. I think because I stick up for myself and I'm quite expressive, she keeps going for me.

Best thing to do for me is to smile at her, then subconsciouly roll my eyes and think how childish she is. Its not worth making it worse for yourself, so ignore the teacher as best as you can. If things get out of your hands, then speak to someone higher.
    Call her out on it. A simple 'why are you rolling your eyes at me' is enough to not come off aggressive but let her know you don't appreciate it.

Hmmm...
    I feel like I have been spoken to very rudely... but I see more rather than have it occur to me
    Once I was travelling on a low budget airline (those where the dark days for me) and quite a lot of people were very rude to the cabin crew for the delay. I felt so sorry for them, so I went to them during the flight (in the galley) and told them about what a great flight it was and I am sorry on behalf of the rude passengers! Scored me a cheeky free Coke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Ive seen so many drunk people in A & E not surprising

I had a rude junior doctor once.. complained to the NHS and nothing was done :mad:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hate rude people, especially rude people that call you rude?! THE IRONY! HOW AM I RUDE? YOU'RE SHOUTING IN MY EAR AND I'M RUDE?!!!!

I wanted to explode, I did explode in a respectful manner. I told her she was being "silly" and she took that to a whole new level of being insulted. I don't evennnn KNOW YOU!! After the things she said to me, that was hardly an insult.

omg omg omg omg I need to calm!
    Yes exactly and when you try to defend urself they say 'stop answering back' awwww gorgeous :hugs:
    do you need a furry punchbag again? <3 :lovehug:

(Original post by Blondie987)
    I work in a cafe so this is a regular occurrence lol, I remember this woman once came up to once and jabbed me in my back to get my attention, some people really need to learn some manners
    awww i hate how people treat service staff :/ they get so much stick but work so hard for not much money :/ hardly go to cafs and stuff cos i find it awkward but all it takes is a little courtesy smh some ppl :erm: x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Is there something abnormal about your voice? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    That's sad, it makes me sad to hear that. Why do we live in a world where such an unappreciative, disrespectful, rude people exist?
    So we can gossip and laugh about them. Nah, there's lots of reasons I guess, but without them you would lose a part of what it means to be a person.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in house repossession, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Really?

Teachers of all people should know better than to resort to personal digs.

Pathetic.
    It was so pathetic, she was so childish. I can't believe she did that. I can't believe her incapability of understanding the situation, most of all I just cannot believe it actually happened. I'm so shocked. I was being calm, as I usually am until she started insulting me, telling me that there is something wrong with me. That is when I got insulted, I got so angry and I couldn't help myself. She got far too personal.

I actually hate teachers, the teachers I've come across in my lifetime are just gross. They are *****y and they talk about you behind your back, they support each other in moments infront of you and then talk about each other behind their backs to their students. Like grow up! The teachers I've met in my lifetime really need to work on being more professional. Especially HER!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.