Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been spoken to in a deeply insulting and disrespectful manner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    My English teacher a few days ago, actually. Also because of the same reason as you, I can't be disrespectful to adults, especially teachers and eldery people.

Anyway, this dumb **** set a deadline for my coursework last week Friday. About 2 weeks prior to the deadline, she was all like "send me as many drafts as you can, I'll give you feedback" and I was like okay, fantastic, but more surprised because she's never really consistent with her feedback anyway, so the fact that she offered to mark as many as I wanted her to made me feel a lot better. (I also, habitually, wrote "I look forward to hearing from you" towards the end of the email - you'll see why this is key later)

So throughout the two weeks, I sent her about 4 emails. The next lesson I had with her before the deadline, she didn't even come. Next thing I knew, it's Friday and she still hasn't given me back any feedback. So I emailed her asking her where she is and if I can come and see her, once again, no response. Monday arrives, and I email her again, asking her where she is. I then saw her in the hallway, and she looked at me with the dirtiest look I have ever seen in my entire life. She then was like - in a disgusting tone of voice - "What is it you want from me? Why do you keep sending me emails saying you look forward to hearing from me?".

I swear to God, I was so close to slapping this lady on the face. I told her she didn't reply to my numerous emails and I was expecting a reply. She then looked straight at my face and was like "I didn't get any emails from you".

Wtf. Wtaf. She just before asked me why I was sending her emails and then she had the audacity to act as though she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I then swallowed my rage, and said as nicely as I possibly could that all the emails are in my sent folder. She then started tell me **** I don't remember and I was like naa mate I'm not having this. I just walked away before I did something bad.

Anyway, I had a private tutor give me feedback and constructive criticism before hand as well as the help of my other teacher, so I wasn't too worried.
    I have a similar story, mine was also to do with coursework and my teacher wasn't in for a week, I needed her advice...etc etc it's bit long to explain, and then another teacher rudely called me and spoke to me is such a disgusting matter. She was shouting at me through the phone, like are you okay?

Oh my god , I HATE teachers like this! I hate hate hate hate hate hate it!!!! It puts you behind in your work because you have to deal with all these another unnecessary issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm sorry

I'm quiet too, I like to just keep to myself but I find that people feel like it's okay to speak to you disrespectfully because they don't expect you to say anything back, even teachers do this. They don't expect a response back. Like HER! Sorry, I'm still so angry!
    I dont see why we need to speak all the time.
    Yeah exactly. There is actually one teacher i have that does it to me also. Its infuritating.
    Im also angry. I dont see why they get away with it either. Its hurts so much that they are doing it and getting a kick out of it.
    I feel sorry for you as youve also had to experience this.

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar story, mine was also to do with coursework and my teacher wasn't in for a week, I needed her advice...etc etc it's bit long to explain, and then another teacher rudely called me and spoke to me is such a disgusting matter. She was shouting at me through the phone, like are you okay?

Oh my god , I HATE teachers like this! I hate hate hate hate hate hate it!!!! It puts you behind in your work because you have to deal with all these another unnecessary issues.
    But maybe they know you hate them and have to assert their authority over you.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mall-cop)
    lol you told someone to f*ck off, caves?

#gangsterguinea
    I did got so fed up of being that cute girl everyone just takes the piss out of and was upset already had the desired effect, they literally ran away after the initial shock and haven't seen them since
    you know it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    they literally ran away after the initial shock and haven't seen them since
    this sounds ominous... :hide:

ReputationRep:

LOLOLOL, that's funny. If a teacher were shouting at me through the phone for an unjustified reason, I'd be laughing my head off at the other end.

This lady, omfg. She has the ugliest Welsh accent which just makes me cringe. I got over how pathetically incompetent she was so I got the help of other teachers who were genuinely willing to help.This reminds me I need to get gifts for the other teachers...

ReputationRep:
    But maybe they know you hate them and have to assert their authority over you.
    That's not true!

I'm so respectful, infact I feel like I've been too respectful in the past, to the point where I've let teachers say whatever to me because they are teachers. But as I'm getting older, I'm learning so much about myself and people, and some people are just disgustingly disrespectful and you should never take their ****.

Gosh how am I still angry? This happened like over two hours ago!

ReputationRep:
    I did got so fed up of being that cute girl everyone just takes the piss out of and was upset already had the desired effect, they literally ran away after the initial shock and haven't seen them since
    you know it :cool:
    lol what was the situation? I need dialogue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I dont see why we need to speak all the time.
    Yeah exactly. There is actually one teacher i have that does it to me also. Its infuritating.
    Im also angry. I dont see why they get away with it either. Its hurts so much that they are doing it and getting a kick out of it.
    I feel sorry for you as youve also had to experience this.
    Nope, nor do I. I am honestly really quiet, you wouldn't even know I existed tbh. It's ridiculous how that can be used against you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Being talked to really slowly It makes you rather stupid as well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I usually try and just brush off when people annoy me and for the most part these days, I can but I was out with my mum last week and all the other toilets were in use so I went into the disabled one and since I have a bowel condition, I have every right to use the disabled toilet and all that jazz but I usually never do just in case someone else needs it more but after coming out less than a minute later some cheeky guy who was all sarky and came right up to my face said "excuse me madam, don't you know that only disabled people can use this toilet?!" and I said I have a bowel condition and even have one of those toilet passes you can get and have done since I was about 14 and that I shouldn't even have to explain myself to him and he said "Well, you don't look ill to me! Didn't anyone teach you manners?! Get back to school and learn what a disability is ffs" in a really *****y, bullying way and then he went into the toilet and the best thing was this guy didn't 'look disabled' either. He looked as 'healthy' as I did. So he either has an invisible disability and is still a prick to fellow sufferers or he was totally healthy and just being an utter knob.

His attitude was horrible. The way people say things annoy me more than what they say usually and it was certainly the case with him. I was in the middle of a flare up and was in pain, he was the last thing I needed. I hope he was attacked by a big dose of the runs

Prick.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Shia Kafir)
    this sounds ominous... :hide:
    :rofl:
    :rip:

lol what was the situation? I need dialogue.
    :lol: can't say too much incase they might read this :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nor do I. I am honestly really quiet, you wouldn't even know I existed tbh. It's ridiculous how that can be used against you.
    Im the same. I rarely say anything unless i have to.
    I dont see why people get the urge to do it. Its really irritating!

ReputationRep:
    So unprofessional. Honestly I could never be a teacher, my teachers have put me off the profession completely. It's just disgusting.
    That's so sad. Why bother becoming a teacher if you're only going to put your students down
    I've had nothing but the best teachers, and I honestly admire them so much.

ReputationRep:
    can't say too much incase they might read this :ninja: they were just taking the piss and standing in my way, normally i wouldn't have cared but i was stressed out and crying anyway so i lost my temper and slammed the door and shouted at them
    tell me in pm

That's not true!

I'm so respectful, infact I feel like I've been too respectful in the past, to the point where I've let teachers say whatever to me because they are teachers. But as I'm getting older, I'm learning so much about myself and people, and some people are just disgustingly disrespectful and you should never take their ****.

Gosh how am I still angry? This happened like over two hours ago!

Well yea you shouldn't take anyone's sh*t but I'm just saying, the teacher could've got some vibe from you that they didn't like.
    Now if it's that bad or unjustified or even discriminatory, you can report ya kno!
    I fight with my professors tooth and nail. I've been in screaming/cussing matches to the point from where the door needed to be sh*t so we can hash it out, to the point where security needed to be called. But of course that's stupid fighting back authority too much. Calling her silly obvs isn't a good idea but she was screaming in your ear. Why was she doing that..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Being talked to really slowly It makes you rather stupid as well
    Ah that condescending sh*t is lovely lol
    I HATE that passive aggressive sh*t. Because then you look like a lunatic if you say something to them, they'll play innocent like "I was just trying to be nice " :rolleyes: I'm not white so when white adults did that sh*t to me when I was younger, stuff like "if you were smart," or "the smart thing to do would be" or "HIIIIIIII!! :hi: Hel-lo, how are you?! ."

:curious: mate...we're ina lift...relax.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It was so pathetic, she was so childish. I can't believe she did that. I can't believe her incapability of understanding the situation, most of all I just cannot believe it actually happened. I'm so shocked. I was being calm, as I usually am until she started insulting me, telling me that there is something wrong with me. That is when I got insulted, I got so angry and I couldn't help myself. She got far too personal.

I actually hate teachers, the teachers I've come across in my lifetime are just gross. They are *****y and they talk about you behind your back, they support each other in moments infront of you and then talk about each other behind their backs to their students. Like grow up! The teachers I've met in my lifetime really need to work on being more professional. Especially HER!
    To be honest, I think when they say that there's something wrong with you they've crossed a line. I've heard it said to others before, and much worse things, but that doesn't make it any more okay. I guess I can kind of see it from their side (though it's not excusable) that teaching isn't a particularly easy job, and they have to deal with loads of children (not just sixth formers) and marking and it can be pretty stressful, and I guess it's all too easy for them to take it out on you.

Teachers can just be.. difficult people to deal with. You can't exactly tell them to calm down or speak to you normally, or indeed walk away from it. These things just seem to get you into more trouble. At this stage I suppose you just have to play it by their rules and try not to react.

I don't know what went down or who they are or whether you'll ever come into contact with them, but it can't be that long until you're at uni or doing whatever you want to do, and it gets a bit easier then as there aren't teachers eveywhere and stuff. :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Ah that condescending sh*t is lovely lol
    I HATE that passive aggressive sh*t. Because then you look like a lunatic if you say something to them, they'll play innocent like "I was just trying to be nice " :rolleyes: I'm not white so when white adults did that sh*t to me when I was younger, stuff like "if you were smart," or "the smart thing to do would be" or "HIIIIIIII!! :hi: Hel-lo, how are you?! ."

:curious: mate...we're ina lift...relax.
    She talked to me normally (ie, normal speed) and then I told her I'm partially sighted, which just affects my eyes. That was when she started talking slowly. Bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    She talked to me normally (ie, normal speed) and then I told her I'm partially sighted, which just affects my eyes. That was when she started talking slowly. Bizarre.
    Yea it's with disabilities or race where that tone like you're stupid comes out.

ReputationRep:
    Well yea you shouldn't take anyone's sh*t but I'm just saying, the teacher could've got some vibe from you that they didn't like.
    Now if it's that bad or unjustified or even discriminatory, you can report ya kno!
    I fight with my professors tooth and nail. I've been in screaming/cussing matches to the point from where the door needed to be sh*t so we can hash it out, to the point where security needed to be called. But of course that's stupid fighting back authority too much. Calling her silly obvs isn't a good idea but she was screaming in your ear. Why was she doing that..?
    She would be an idiot if she got that vibe from me, I was so respectful at first.

Okay so basically what happened was, I've been ill since monday and I didn't go in. I had to hand in my coursework to my english teacher but she has been sick since last week, so I told her I would email it to her. I needed her help on it, but she couldn't help me because she is sick, so she told me to see some other teachers after school.

I was really ill and exhausted and I accidentally fell asleep at 2:50pm, so I ended up missing my chance to go in. I woke up at 4 to a phone call from this OTHER english teacher shouting at me, telling me that because my coursework wasn't in she was going to withdraw me from the exam. Even though I spoke to my english teacher about how I'll email it to her when I'm better.

Anyway, she kept getting angrier and I was honestly still half asleep, I could not understand a thing she was saying at first. She told me I had 30 minutes or else she was going to withdraw me and they will mark me on that, I told her that is silly because I'm ill and in bed and my work is in pieces still.

She told me that it is a trend with me and that she isn't sympathetic to my illness, making insults (I DON'T KNOW HER, I'VE NEVER SPOKEN TO HER BEFORE), so I told her she wasn't being very understanding. I kept telling her it would be ridiculous for her to withdraw me now as I've revised all my texts for the exam, and she is withdrawing me for a late piece of coursework which I've already told my teacher I will hand in to her.

It's me and some other student who haven't handed this piece in, and we're both getting withdrawn or something...

I told her if she withdraws me, I will pay for the exam, there is no way I'm not taking the exam.

Then she rudely just hung up on me.

So yeah, that is what happened and it was ridiculous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.