Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been spoken to in a deeply insulting and disrespectful manner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    She would be an idiot if she got that vibe from me, I was so respectful at first.

Okay so basically what happened was, I've been ill since monday and I didn't go in. I had to hand in my coursework to my english teacher but she has been sick since last week, so I told her I would email it to her. I needed her help on it, but she couldn't help me because she is sick, so she told me to see some other teachers after school.

I was really ill and exhausted and I accidentally fell asleep at 2:50pm, so I ended up missing my chance to go in. I woke up at 4 to a phone call from this OTHER english teacher shouting at me, telling me that because my coursework wasn't in she was going to withdraw me from the exam. Even though I spoke to my english teacher about how I'll email it to her when I'm better.

Anyway, she kept getting angrier and I was honestly still half asleep, I could not understand a thing she was saying at first. She told me I had 30 minutes or else she was going to withdraw me and they will mark me on that, I told her that is silly because I'm ill and in bed and my work is in pieces still.

She told me that it is a trend with me and that she isn't sympathetic to my illness, making insults (I DON'T KNOW HER, I'VE NEVER SPOKEN TO HER BEFORE), so I told her she wasn't being very understanding. I kept telling her it would be ridiculous for her to withdraw me now as I've revised all my texts for the exam, and she is withdrawing me for a late piece of coursework which I've already told my teacher I will hand in to her.

It's me and some other student who haven't handed this piece in, and we're both getting withdrawn or something...

I told her if she withdraws me, I will pay for the exam, there is no way I'm not taking the exam.

Then she rudely just hung up on me.

So yeah, that is what happened and it was ridiculous.
    Wait so some other teacher phoned you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mall-cop)
    Wait so some other teacher phoned you?
    Yup, she phoned home
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I just did, and my parents brought me up to be extremely respectful, especially to elders. I find that some people didn't get taught that growing up, and I find that it is in fact huge levels of disrespect exists in adults, namely TEACHERS that need to learn some respect. Practice what you preach.

I spoke to a teacher (who I've never spoken to before) who made ridiculously insulting remarks about areas in my life she knew nothing about, she called me "rude" for sticking up for myself, and in fact she was the most childish brat I've ever come into contact with.

Share your experiences with rude and disgusting people. Make me feel better, please!
    Yeah teachers are extremely disrespectful. We had some hardcore left-wing english teachers who were shouting at kids who were right wing and stopping them going to debating. They were also spending multiple lessons on 3rd wave feminism instead of teaching their students. They are now shuned by the other teachers and look set to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Yeah teachers are extremely disrespectful. We had some hardcore left-wing english teachers who were shouting at kids who were right wing and stopping them going to debating. They were also spending multiple lessons on 3rd wave feminism instead of teaching their students. They are now shuned by the other teachers and look set to leave.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My old head of year for high school is now my local councillor, for Labour. Problem is she has a reputation for being a very strict disciplinarian, so whenever you ask her questions about local issues she replies in a very, very aggressive manner and you can't actually have a conversation with her. She is also hated by pretty much every student and their parents at my [old] school [since we have all left for uni/ jobs etc], so she gets some bad press locally. I have no idea how she got elected, but anyway yeah she is a very disrespectful person, but also now in a position of power which is worrying.

My favourite was when we had a meeting about some local houses built, now obviously some people will have objections, and some will want them built for jobs etc. Anyway, she pretty much accused everyone in the audience of being "blubbering, slobbering thickos" and spoke to everyone in a very condescending way, even if they were supporting her position, which was to build the houses. For example, she told one man who was raising the issues of housebuilding on a flood plain being potentially dangerous, that he was "just bringing up excuses for the fun of it and sewers sort out the flood plains [it doesn't] and hes not an expert and wont be around for very long (he was old) so should shut up".
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    x
    It has got a bit out of hand, it seems and I guess she just doesn't understand the circumstances that you are facing this week.

The best way forward is to maybe not do some work now (as long as you're meeting whatever deadline your teacher has set) because you're most likely feeling too ill/tired/irate to do anything, so just tuck up with Mr Hugo or something and finish your work when you get the chance to.

ReputationRep:
    Working at Tescos.

Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I was at a shop, the man in front of me was being incredibly patronising to the cashier. Her English wasn't great, so he used that as ammunition to call her ''feeble'' and just everything you can think of that relates to being absolutely useless. I'm really not confrontational, but anger was bubbling up in me so I told him to leave as he was being inappropriate. Keep in mind I was probably ~15 at the time. I went to the lady afterwards, she broke down and I tried to cheer her up as much as I could...it was so upsetting to see people actually speak to others like that. Please, please respect everyone..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah once in a taxi I was spoken to in a horrible way by the taxi driver. Tbh though, he was probably frustrated at having 5 school children chatting in the back of his car whilst trying to navigate through morning rush hour traffic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    It has got a bit out of hand, it seems and I guess she just doesn't understand the circumstances that you are facing this week.

The best way forward is to maybe not do some work now (as long as you're meeting whatever deadline your teacher has set) because you're most likely feeling too ill/tired/irate to do anything, so just tuck up with Mr Hugo or something and finish your work when you get the chance to.
    :giggle: Thank you sean, that made me smile! Oh what a day it has beeennnnn I'm mentally exhausted! I'm going to get some stuff done and get an early night!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    :giggle: Thank you sean, that made me smile! Oh what a day it has beeennnnn I'm mentally exhausted! I'm going to get some stuff done and get an early night!
    :macarena: have a good one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.