Turn on thread page Beta

Men what makes you think a girl is "trashy"? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Because it does. It can enhance features and give a nice healthy glow. Why else would millions of people wear it? Why would celebrities bother with it if it made them look worse? Never understood people who have a problem with all makeup looks.
    People also feel sexy and good about hem selves with makeup on,more of a confidence boost. Unless it's completely caked on,I don't see an issue with makeup too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    Even if it's subtle, it still gets in the way of what her face looks like naturally - women seem to be blind to the fact that they look better with absolutely no make-up on.

I really can't be bothered - it's just a fact. Men prefer women without make-up (yet women seem completely oblivious to this).
    I see your point. But I definitely look better with a bit of makeup. Plus it's so much fun :teehee:
    (Original post by Forumaddict)
    Makeup looks nice I think but there's lots of different styles you can wear it, I don't like lots of foundation so that you can see the actual makeup on her skin
    Yeah I understand what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Yes and no, almost always it would be considered trashy but there is a certain sophistication when done by some girls, but they're usually very classy in other respects.
    Yeah, some (only a small handful) do look cool but for the most part I hate it. The sight, the smell, all of it lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but as I said it's more of a personal preference than it being trashy, a lot of guys consider people with tongue piercings trashy due to its position, the ear is obviously not very sexual so it's fine. Depends on the style as well
    I'm not really into piercings other than ear lobes or ear cartilage ones.
    What do you mean style? Do you just like simple studs or really nice dangly earrings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forumaddict)
    Makeup looks nice I think but there's lots of different styles you can wear it, I don't like lots of foundation so that you can see the actual makeup on her skin
    a lot of guys cant spot makeup when it isn't like this :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    People also feel sexy and good about hem selves with makeup on,more of a confidence boost. Unless it's completely caked on,I don't see an issue with makeup too.
    True. I definitely feel much more confident with it! Exactly. Some women like me have invisible eyelashes so a bit of mascara does wonders

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    Not being interested in art makes you "trashy"? :curious:
    I'm not talking about painting, I mean anti-intellectualism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Because it does. It can enhance features and give a nice healthy glow. Why else would millions of people wear it? Why would celebrities bother with it if it made them look worse? Never understood people who have a problem with all makeup looks.
    Totally agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    The bold ones I completely agree with...
    What do you mean by easy? ill fitting clothes? Like if she bought xxl clothes when she is an xxs?
    hair colouring, well...
    Piercings? Does that include ear piercings?
    Explained already,

By easy I mean having low sexual standards, at it's extreme not even caring about health, in moderation just having a lot of partners without knowing them.

Ill fitting clothes yeah it sounds silly but if she's not even wearing clothes that fit her figure she's not exactly very self respecting is she? It's fine in doors obviously, wear your over large jumper with pride in private.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    Even if it's subtle, it still gets in the way of what her face looks like naturally - women seem to be blind to the fact that they look better with absolutely no make-up on.

I really can't be bothered - it's just a fact. Men prefer women without make-up (yet women seem completely oblivious to this).

Speak for yourself mate - not for the entirety of men. A bit of mascara and red lipstick and I'm anyones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I'm not really into piercings other than ear lobes or ear cartilage ones.
    What do you mean style? Do you just like simple studs or really nice dangly earrings?
    Not a fan of dangly earings, neither are really trashy but simple studs would be my preference.

Explained already,

By easy I mean having low sexual standards, at it's extreme not even caring about health, in moderation just having a lot of partners without knowing them.

Ill fitting clothes yeah it sounds silly but if she's not even wearing clothes that fit her figure she's not exactly very self respecting is she? It's fine in doors obviously, wear your over large jumper with pride in private.
    Can't be bothered to look back so I'll just stay neutral about it

Oh easy as in a whore? ok, yeah I agree...

I think a big jumper is cute and all cuddly but ok...kinda agree and disagree with you on that, but that's you and I'm me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That doesn't make sense :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Another one
    (Original post by Tamil Tiger)
    Big jewellery
    on a similar note is cheap jewellery as if a girl or a guy for that matter has a chunky gold piece then it not trashy but it it just a gold plated chain the yep its trashy on anyone
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have a couple of 1/2-1 ounce gold rings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Yeah, some (only a small handful) do look cool but for the most part I hate it. The sight, the smell, all of it lol
    Forgot to include drugs as well :lol: I personally love the smell but don't smoke, so I don't mind the second hand cancer.

ReputationRep:
    None but if you must the ear is best place, the tongue is often used but it's quite sexual, I think anything that draws attention like that is trashy.
    nose piercing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Having no interest in art?

I dont think ive ever seen a girl and thought she looks trashy. I have seen ones and thought they are rude or ignorant.
    To clarify this one incase you didn't see my above post. I simply mean being anti-intellectual, as in having no interest in education.

ReputationRep:
    Mainly odd colours (red, blue, green)
    Being loud
    Only talking about sex
    Being nasty
    Having no interest in art
    Littering

I could go on
    Luckily, the only girls who do that are the ones no one would want to date anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    nose piercing?
    Yeah i'd consider it trashy, less so than tongue and obviously way less than any private area :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamil Tiger)
    Tattoos/piercings
    Makeup
    Fake hair/eyelashes
    Big jewellery
    not bein tamil :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Luckily, the only girls who do that are the ones no one would want to date anyway
    http://i.imgur.com/6t4C6ki.jpg?fb

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.