Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!!

I have just been accepted to study a Master's degree at Leiden (very excited!!!) starting in September of this year.

Does anyone know of any websites or groups where you can find fellow master's students looking for accommodation? I've chosen to find my own accommodation rather than ask the uni for help.

Or is there anyone on here that will be looking to share a flat/house by Sept??

I'm 24, female and from England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo1991Costello)
    Hi!!!

I have just been accepted to study a Master's degree at Leiden (very excited!!!) starting in September of this year.

Does anyone know of any websites or groups where you can find fellow master's students looking for accommodation? I've chosen to find my own accommodation rather than ask the uni for help.

Or is there anyone on here that will be looking to share a flat/house by Sept??

I'm 24, female and from England
    Hi! Great to hear. I am a current Master's student and I lived in uni accommodation my first year and then private my second year. The easiest way to find something is to have a look on Leiden Housing Facebook page. I posted a little bio and what I was after and got quite a few messages and ended up choosing one. You avoid paying fees and there is a lot on there. You can go through websites/agents, these will charge you a fee but you have added security. There is something called kamernet which you pay a small fee for, but this is usually somewhat biased towards Dutch students. Have a look around and feel free to ask me if you have any further questions!

Toby

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Congrats - I'm starting a Master's at Leiden in September too! I've applied through the uni just to give myself peace of mind. But certainly down the track I'd be keen to move with some others into a sharehouse.

Toby, just wondering if you give a run down on what the uni accommodation was like? eg the cleanliness, space, surrounding stores and shops etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsearching)
    Hi there! Congrats - I'm starting a Master's at Leiden in September too! I've applied through the uni just to give myself peace of mind. But certainly down the track I'd be keen to move with some others into a sharehouse.

Toby, just wondering if you give a run down on what the uni accommodation was like? eg the cleanliness, space, surrounding stores and shops etc
    Yeah, I lived in one called Hugo de Grootstraat. Was a lot of fun and very close to the centre of town and shops etc. Beautiful on the outside, and some of the rooms were insanely nice, but I chose to pay less and had an ok room. The company that runs uni housing, DUWO, can be a real pain in the neck to deal with however. They have a kind of monopoly on Dutch student housing so it is pretty hard to get around in a uni place. I would recommend staying on friendly terms with your cleaner and making sure you and your flatmates agree early on to keep common areas decent, otherwise the cleaners will get quite hard to deal with.

Some of the places are further away and can be quite different in style and look. A bike would probably be necessary for some while not for Hugo or others. But I would still recommend one for ease's sake.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a masters student at Leiden - so a hearty welcome! - there isn't much university accommodation but it isn't too hard to find somewhere nearby, even The Hague (everything's in easy reach from here). The easiest way to find people also looking for housing is through facebook groups.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.